The Official Random Video Thread!

Yea, the only response is "Good luck with that. I'll see you Monday unless I hear otherwise." If I heard otherwise, it's then time get the government involved. By the time the government's done, they'd be sorry they ever opened a business, and would be wishing they got into walmart greeter as a career.

There's no version of this reality where I would actually do what my boss said, if that was their request lol And, yes, they would most certainly be doing something illegal by attempting to penalize me during my vacation as a direct result of their own negligence.

From the comments:

As the famous statistical saying goes, "If you torture data long enough, it will confess to anything"

As a very wise man once stated, "It's not the figures lyin'. It's the liars figurin'".

"There is no cost to getting things wrong, the cost is not getting them published"It's a shame this also applies to news media as well.

Research shows lots of research is actually wrong

Interesting how spartan the facility looks, especially compared to early-mid 20th century industry, where there's machines, belts, and things moving all over the place.

This might be a lower cost, eco friendly version of the Wraptor. It works best with 9-11mm ropes, with 11mm probably being one of the most popular diameters for static arborist ropes. All you need to power the gears on this device to lift a climber is a good power drill (a brushless drill is highly recommended) and, after seeing this device in action, I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly it can actually lift something or someone. It has a WLL of 440lbs and it has a becket at the bottom of the device which allows for the operator to build a pulley system of any magnitude (2:1 and even stronger systems if you connect a rigging plate for a 3:1, 5:1, 9:1, etc).

In this video, one of the many things Ryan tests is how much force it will take before the rope starts to slip on the wheel inside the device, and he finds it requires around 1,000 lbs of force. This makes it superior to devices that have toothed cams (this one has a grooved wheel) which will de-sheath a rope with even less force. Another huge benefit of this contraption is that it is midline attachable and, if necessary, the device can be used to descend on the rope or to lower a load, so it is technically a "multi-cender."

Anyone interested in looking at more specs and information, or looking at pricing info, can find a link to this device in the description for the video that will take you to Ryan's online store. He is currently the exclusive vendor in the US. Pretty cool stuff.

And it's made in China. I don't even feel bad about being a "racist" here, poor quality control is a hallmark of that country.

We all take the risks we're comfortable with. I'm not comfortable with that one.

And it's made in China. I don't even feel bad about being a "racist" here, poor quality control is a hallmark of that country.

We all take the risks we're comfortable with. I'm not comfortable with that one.
You may be surprised to learn that not everything coming out of China is garbage, but I understand your hesitation completely. Me, personally? I feel fairly confident that Ryan wouldn't have added this item to his store unless it passed a slew of quality control and stress/durability tests. The device itself doesn't require rocket science to make either, therefore reducing the opportunities for something to break or to have a manufacturer defect. But hey, I honestly cannot say to you that this device is amazing and will never have any issues and that you should buy it. But I can say that it appears to be really well made (it looks high quality) and Ryan is potentially risking his reputation by deciding to sell this device, and I have zero doubt that it was a highly informed decision. But, again, I understand your hesitation. It's not like I'm going to buy one either, but that's because I simply don't need one.

Last edited:
Back