The Official Random Video Thread!

Some dark American history (inspiring the Nazis) is revealed in the new Veritasium IQ test video. I'd post it, but YT is being a pain showing ads way too frequently, so I couldn't get the link at the time I wanted.

If you find cave diving to be fascinating (I suffer from claustrophobia and I hate water, so I watch stuff like this because it excites the parts of my brain that I least want excited, resulting in counterintuitive entertainment), then this movie is for you. It is elegantly produced by survivors of this incident at a premier cave diving location... It's called Dave Not Coming Back. Plenty of tragic irony. It starts slow, but picks up quickly.

They're fun to catch. We call them sandcrabs here. When the tide goes out, look for bubbles in the wet sand and dig. You'll get a sandcrab. Dunno if they're good for anything, but it's fun digging for them.
My kids and I dig for them every year at the beach. There’s always a sweet spot - just dig closer and closer to the water and you’ll get on them.

People fish with them.

I took a bunch home frozen and fed them to my large saltwater predator fish when the massive tank was up and running. They loved em.

I love these guys. Check out this short documentary about the first tandem base jump zipline between two mesas in the desert.

If you didn't watch that cave diving ice video, you missed out. You don't even know.

Back