The Official Random Video Thread!

Kinda long. Whats the bottom line, are the yellow straps reliable re their stated working loads?

Pretty much...a twist, no big deal...don't go overboard on twists. Knots changed freaking point from about 7500 lbs to somewhere in the 3K's. Knots are bad juju.

Those straps were WLL at 3300...breaking point at 10K. Most scenarios broke at 9300 and above. 10 twists broke at 7300 I think. A knot in the strap and it broke at 3200 or thereabouts.

The guy doing the video said he likes a half twist to reduce noise from it buzzing in the wind. I suppose you could end up with a twist throwing it over the load, and you might needlessly worry about it reducing strength, and spend more time than it's worth correcting it. I wouldn't expect a pro to allow a knot, but the effects would be the same in smaller consumer straps, and a lot of people might not give a knot much thought.

Yeah, I get the one twist thing. didn't know it would reduce strength like that

Y'all ought to watch the darn vid to get the whole picture...a single twist actually increased the break point slightly...it was only 10 twists that really cut the breaking strength, and knots, of course.

I always put a turn or two in strapping loads like that, but only because I hated the buzzy wind noise. Never thought about it might be weakening the strap strength. Guess I need not have worried about it, had it occurred to me :).

I have been told we have panthers roaming on our farm...I heard one about 60 years ago down there. A fellow that works on a pecan orchard told me he saw one last year across the pond and up the hill from our place...about 1/4 mile away. I am going to put some trail cams out. I know we have beavers, gators, turkeys, deer, foxes, coons, coyotes...a panther would top it off.

Gary, you just blew my wolves clean out of the water.
Panthers, wow!

The last wolf in Denmark was shot in 1813.

About 10 years ago they started migrating up here from Europe.
Now we have a small population, but alas, only on the mainland.
We won't get them here until one gets smart enough to cross the bridge and tunnel.

We REALLY need them.
The roe deer population has grown to the point where we have had some bad cases of mass death due to disease.
The stupid hunters only go after the biggest, strongest males, so they can get antlers for the office wall ( Here resides a REAL man, I personally killed that buck ( At 220 yard with a rifle, at great danger to myself))
TRhat sure doesn't improve the gene pool any.

But once the wolves came back, we have had the expected " How can I let my kid wait for the school bus, when the big bad wolf might eat him" idiocy.
And of course we have had the SSS shit.

Be interesting to see how it works out.

Where, Illinois?

Book I read explained a lot of em are born in the West (obviously) and they migrate. One made it to CT and got hit by a car on a parkway about 15 miles from were I live

There’s been a few stories of large predators adapting to humans and thriving.
Leopards in India live close to humans, coming in at night to eat domestic pigs and dogs.

There was a documentary about it on tv a while back.

No, i mean in peoria even, in the woods behind a cemetery i played in as a kid (in the woods that is). We have huge deer everywhere here, so they have lots of stuff to eat, and tons of hiding places. Since it's in the city limits there's no hunting, so there's zero pressure on the deer and other tasty snacks :lol:

Have to use FB to see this...can't get it yet from their website:

one of THE coolest things I have seen from them so far:

See if any of this works....boarding a ship

<iframe src="Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?height=314&href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Ftakeongravity%2Fvideos%2F915889805871331%2F&show_text=false&width=560" width="560" height="314" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

wouldn't play but I think i get the idea. Pretty crazy

Back