The Official Random Video Thread!

Oh, bummer. Kind of requires to sound to really work. I don't like posting reddit videos cause they don't embed so I can check them, but if I see a short video, it's usually on reddit :^/

Yea, kinda. It's actually made a huge hit on forums. Anyone, including you and me can create a subreddit on the platform on just about any legal subject desired. Maybe it's arboriculture, funny stuff, politics, whatever... It's probably most typically used for link sharing, and people can comment on the links, and vote them up or down. Upvoted posts can hit the reddit front page if popular enough.

The problem is the community is generally shit. You get circlejerks of voting if something doesn't agree with the "hivemind", and it's all pseudonymous, so you don't get a good feel for the various participants. There isn't any limit to the number of accounts an individual can have, and people come and go. It isn't "homey" like a traditional forum. It also has a terribad interface. Using a (cr)app on a phone is probably the best way to use it, and I *hate* using a dedicated program to access something that a browser is made for. There's browser addons that make it a bit better, but it still isn't great. It's not a "historical" platform that makes it easy to go back and recover knowledge. It's pretty much just a constant stream of new stuff that stays for a couple days, and is gone forever for all intents and purposes.

I use it mainly to get news on subjects I'm interested in(mainly tech), and look at some funny and/or interesting pictures. I don't participate much.

This PT doc gives Kneesovertoes guy lots of positive reviews

Ha that was very cool.

Interesting appellation, when you are known for being 'more than good company during the battle'

Back