The Official Random Video Thread!

Me too. I like central heat.

I read the book "Into Thin Air" for a four day leadership class. It was about the Everest disaster in the nineties.

I would get sick to my stomach reading that book. The idea of putting myself through some of that stuff was unthinkable, the most horrible place on earth was the way I saw it.

I dont have much "explore" in me I guess.

Got any of those french fried tators in thar???
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qYmpPkaMPEg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hard work, exercise, adventure, challenge, nature, is what I would guess.

A woman from my little rec climbing group went across the icecap of Greenland this spring to celebrate her 50. birthday.
I totally admire her for that.

Cool North Face commercial

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tll-4WONtg0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Somewhere in that vid or the article I found it in, he says something like, "long, freezing, boring walks on ice are my expertise.."

Here's what he actually said-

Next up: an expedition to the southern Patagonia ice pack. "It's one of the largest sheets left on the planet," says Larsen. "Patagonia is a backdrop to massive ice caps and brutal windy, wet conditions. Plus, you're dealing with mind-numbing expanses of space and time. Luckily, long, boring travel in extreme cold is my forte."

<iframe width="512" height="288" src="http://www.hulu.com/embed.html?eid=zluttui1wgc9n77utzhwwq" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jim, it may be due to a lack in my education, but I have no idea who that chilled dude is?

A touch of nostalgia:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/p4c9i250pc4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think you are right, dont know why I didn't recognize him in the picture.

The woodworking joints on the wooden bodied cars appeared quite sloppy. Big gaps is crappy work, no ifs ands or buts.

My personal hero is Ernest Shackleton, his Antarctic trips (including one where his crew were marooned on an island, and he and a couple of others, took atiny boat in appalling weather to a tiny whaling station on another island) were epic.

They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 55
Back