The Official Happy Birthday thread!!!

Happy B-Day Mr. BostonBull! Is yours the 18th? Hope it is a great one!

And happy b-day to Mr. Bodean!; looks like there's a house of cancers hanging here, ocean-minded individuals 8)

jp:D

Happy Birthday to All those who clicked another on the counter this past week.
I'm back, had a good week. Definitely not band camp. I spent my B-day wrapping up the camp session, then performing first aid and driving a dear friend 30 miles through the boonies to a podunk hospital. Everybody is okay so it is all good.

Not exactly. Marla Swanson was our cook-she did a great job feeding everyone. Marla is the wife of Matt who sometimes groundies for me. Just before they were about to leave to head home yesterday, Marla was moving a big industrial/food service size box of Saran Wrap when it slipped out of her hands and she tried to catch it. The cutoff bar slid across her right wrist slicing it open. I saw it happen and went for the first aid kit calling for others to set her down. When I got back she was kneeling on the floor holding it closed...and turning white saying she felt weird and was feeling faint. Before I could get her lying down and elevate her feet she had a seizure. The seizure was brief and she regained consciousness within a minute. I checked the wound (Through the skin but none of the underlying tissue damaged) and got her taped up and bandaged while she was still pretty woozy and we took her in for stitches after she was coherent and stable. They wound up staying over another night as did we.

Wow, shock can be a bummer! I know another person that cut themselves on an industrial size Saran Wrap cutter. It made for a painful wound, not unlike a handsaw cut.

Freak accidents suck!

Back