The Joke/Funny Pic/Video Thread

N1XeOOb.jpeg

Not really funny, but a good comic...

Some of the others in the series are insightful also. Not "OMG, I never thought of that!!" kind of stuff, but stuff you kinda knew, but need to be reminded of. If you poke around the site, he has a bunch of other good comics too. They aren't all gems, but it's worth a look see...

After every flight, UPS pilots fill out a form, called a "gripe sheet" which tells mechanics about problems with the aircraft. The mechanics correct the problems, document their repairs on the form, then pilots review the gripe sheets before the next flight.
Never let it be said that ground crews lack a sense of humor. Here are actual maintenance complaints submitted by UPS pilots ("P") and solutions recorded ("S") by maintenance engineers:
P: Left inside main tire almost needs replacement.
S: Almost replaced left inside main tire.

P: Test flight OK, except auto-land very rough.
S: Auto-land not installed on this aircraft.

P: Something loose in cockpit
S: Something tightened in cockpit

P: Dead bugs on windshield.
S: Live bugs on back-order.

P: Autopilot in altitude-hold mode produces a 200 feet per minute descent
S: Cannot reproduce problem on ground.

P: Evidence of leak on right main landing gear.
S: Evidence removed.

P: DME volume unbelievably loud.
S: DME volume set to more believable level.

P: Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick.
S: That's what friction locks are for.

P: IFF inoperative in OFF mode.
S: IFF always inoperative in OFF mode.

P: Suspected crack in windshield.
S: Suspect you're right.

P: Number 3 engine missing.
S: Engine found on right wing after brief search.

P: Aircraft handles funny.
S: Aircraft warned to: straighten up, fly right, and be serious.

P: Target radar hums.
S: Reprogrammed target radar with lyrics.

P: Mouse in cockpit.
S: Cat installed.

P: Noise coming from under instrument panel. Sounds like a midget pounding on something with a hammer.
S: Took hammer away from midget

Had to include the oven grilling one on account of an incident at my buddy's house once.

Matt & I had just entered his house from being gone for the weekend.
He exclaimed "WTH is that smell? something burned?"

He opens a couple windows and is looking around while yelling for his roommate/renter to come downstairs. Opens the oven and there is a big pile of melted plastic on the bottom!

Spacecase renter comes down (Very stoned dude!) & says "HI"

Matt: "Dude whats all this plastic in my oven?"

Stoner: "Awe man, I was making a pizza and the handle melted on the pizza cooker!"

Matt & I look at each other befuddled "pizza cooker?" "WTH is a pizza cooker?"

Stoner: "Yeah man, you know, the round thing with the screen"

M: "That's the splatter screen for the frying pan..."

S: "thought it was a pizza cooker...It was just the right size and I thought the screen was to help the crust get crispy..." :|:

True happenings can be strange...

I was driving when I saw the flash of a traffic camera.

I figured that my picture had been taken for exceeding the limit even though I knew that I was not speeding.

Just to be sure, I went around the block and passed the same spot, driving even more slowly, but again the camera flashed. Now I began to think that this was quite funny, so I drove even slower as I passed the area once more, but the traffic camera again flashed.

I tried a fourth and fifth time with the same results and was now laughing as the camera flashed while I rolled past at a snail's pace.

Two weeks later, I got five tickets in the mail for driving without a seat belt.

Back