The Joke/Funny Pic/Video Thread

1594308371-20200709.png

So,.... I hear that a Koala bear isn't actually a bear.

Well, I think it should be, 'cause it meets all the koala-fications!

More specifically you mean: get close, focus past until the designs overlap once, focus (still blurred) until they overlap perfectly, then wait for your eyes to refocus while not loosing alignment, and you see a 3D image.

Right?

That's so cool! I wonder how they designed it?

Last edited:
I like that it's amazingly persistent. Once you get it, it stays there awhile, and can look at various parts and even blink without losing it.

That would happen to me sometimes while taking a multiple choice test on a scan sheet. I'd look at the test paper, then at the bubble sheet, and it would look 3D.

You have to get real close; almost touch the monitor/phone. Relax your eyes, and don't look at anything in particular. Keeping your eyes unfocused, slowly move away from the screen(maybe 5 seconds/inch). After ~3" you should start to see the image separate. At that point, it'll come into clear focus, but if you do anything crazy, you'll lose it. You have to stay relaxed and soft focused.

I just tried that.
Made me think I shouldn't have eaten those tiny bluish mushrooms.

It doesn't work for me at all.
C ould that be because I wear glasses?

I just tried it with my glasses on, and it still worked well. I could even sit back in my chair and the image stayed. Sorry you can't see it. It's really the coolest image trick I've seen in a long time. It's like magic.

I can get the little ones on my phone. Sometimes it'll start as little ones; maybe partially malformed, then turn into a single big one.

I had to do the crosseye thing to start to see it...
Slightly disorienting at first
Cool!

That worked.
Thanks Fi.

I did the cross eye and moved my head in and out from the screen, suddenly it was there.

Weird!

Back