The Anchor Bend

Just a tip with the anchor hitch. I use this knot daily for my termination knot on my climb line and rigging as well.
Tip: After setting and dressing the knot leaving a decent at least 2x rope diameter tail (if no stopper) load the knot to help set. If you use a stopper, load to set. I prefer to do this before a stopper is added.
Sit in it as you would to check your system. Observe the knot's behaviour and condition.
Also. If you rig with this knot on a carabiner, and it is a tad stiff to undo, often you can just work the carabiner out and then pull the knot apart.
Please note that I am not recommending not using a stopper knot. Just that I generally do not use one as personal preference.

I like the anchor bend but you have to tie it right with the running part close to the long axis of the biner which might be why Kyle doesn't care for the two wraps. It's my go to for rigging lines that aren't spliced.

I just don't like it for connecting multiple ends for an eye to eye because the extra wraps. For a rigging line or something it's perfect. The buntline is going to cinch far tighter on a rigging situation, so i would be hesitant to use it there. On untying either i pull the biner first

Back