That’s price gouging!

I was buying a couch from the furniture store and went in to negotiate using learned techniques from work. I felt like a sleeze ball afterwards.

But did you end up with a better price?
;) :rockhard:

"I could match it, but I value myself at the price I gave. I could even do it for less or free, but that isn't fair to me, either. Feel free to go with the best price or value. I've got 20 jobs in my queue waiting for me. "

When I get the “company xyz” said they would do it for … , I either ask why they’re bothering to get more prices or say I hope you kept their number.
once When I was out plowing snow I had a guy flag me to his drive and asked how much. I told him $30. He said everyone else was charging $20. As I started to back out he asked what I was doing. I said getting out of everyone else’s way

One of my mates back in London who was a Plasterer / Builder. He used to say

“Some people are happy to drive a Mazda, others want a Maserati”

Both are four wheeled modes of travel but there is a definite difference in quality.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
One of my mates back in London who was a Plasterer / Builder. He used to say

“Some people are happy to drive a Mazda, others want a Maserati”

Both are four wheeled modes of travel but there is a definite difference in quality.
True dat! If everyone was looking to only save money, everyone would be driving the Mazda. Maserati exists because people are willing to pay for better quality.

So an Italian car is "better quality" than a Japanese one?
News to me.

Not really, but I am sure you understand the real meaning of his words.

Maserati, Ferrari, etc are expensive and some people want the quality that expense buys. Now, I think we can agree a Maserati would not have the reliability of the Mazda but I think you would be hard pushed to say the level of luxury isn't higher in the Italian cars.

There are obviously many people in the world who think like that or else premium products would never be sold.

Maserati exists because people are willing to pay for better quality.

Very true.

Additionally, some rich folk can take that to an extreme. Buddy of mine, worked for Bartlett spraying/ipm, loads of super high-end properties. His take was "rich people aren't happy unless they're being ripped off' :lol: :lol:

Very true.

Additionally, some rich folk can take that to an extreme. Buddy of mine, worked for Bartlett spraying/ipm, loads of super high-end properties. His take was "rich people aren't happy unless they're being ripped off' :lol: :lol:
There is this concept that it's about bragging rights. "Both the Rover and Beemer are in the shop, I've had to drive the G-wagon all week!" ;)

They ain’t really rich unless they have a driver. I worked for one billionaire who had, at a guess, 200 million tied up in collector cars. All American built prototype ultra rare cars, but he was driven around in a Jeep grand Cherokee he bought used. The reason being is “new cars are a horrible investment.”

Back