Technology

frans

TreeHouser
Past 10 years or so I have maintained an unimproved lot for a lovely old couple who live far away in a different county. We mow the grasses before the dry season, prune the trees, etc.

They do not have email, no cell phones. I snail mail them pictures or bills periodically.
Bringing this up because it has made me realize how dependant I am on technology.
Normally I can contact folks quickly and easily via email or texting to communicate or send updates and bills.
It is a pain in the ass it always feels like I am in the dark ages communicating with them lol

I bet most of us doing business today are very dependant on our tech devices

Once you have a well established reputation among a sizable group of clients, all you really need's a phone, IME.

Jomo

I still snail mail invoices for a few up here.
To speed things up, i include a stamped self addressed envelope.
I had one custy only hand deliver my payment when they came into the area monthly into my mail box instead of mailing it to me. Finally talked them out of that nonsense. Less secure than just mailing it.

I use technology a bit, but the vast majority of my customers pay me as soon as I'm done with the job, which is the way I like it. If I'm going to have to wait a month for my check, send it 3-1/2 weeks before I come do the work.....

I do enjoy getting and sending text messages, it keeps things brief. For the business though it's talking on the phone and paper billing when needed, handled by the wife, thank goodness.

I use technology a bit, but the vast majority of my customers pay me as soon as I'm done with the job, which is the way I like it. If I'm going to have to wait a month for my check, send it 3-1/2 weeks before I come do the work.....

:lol: ;)
I do enjoy getting and sending text messages, it keeps things brief. For the business though it's talking on the phone and paper billing when needed, handled by the wife, thank goodness.

+1

All I use is technology. Aside from putting wood and metal in the ground, just about everything I do is electronic.

I text and send pics a lot. We have a lot of seasonal/vacation homes, second homes and vacation rentals up here. Most the time, I rarely see the client over the year. Mostly electronic correspondence and phone..

Back