PNW-ISA Sep 20-23, 2015

My hood! Anyone want to get together, let me know. Beer, food, etc I know the spots! Be fun to meet some treehousers!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cool deal Willie, SimplyArbor; see you there!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
41 registered already: the organizer is bowled over, and despite my objections is ready to cap it at 45. Deadline to preregister looming.

Sunday, September 20, 2015
Tree Academy
Forcing Change to Large Trees: Smaller, Safer, Natural
Can we preserve the dignity of large-maturing trees while maintaining them at a smaller size? When should these trees be removed or retained, kept or killed? Restoration pruning after the storm has taught us that in many cases we must ‘head’ for better form. Veteran trees have historically been managed by pollarding and other crown reduction pruning. Bonsai have been managed for centuries by specified pruning of branches and roots. We will see how these and other experiences can inform size control of trees in several different scenarios.

https://pnwisa.org/event/forces-change-atc-2015-bend-oregon/

Dang. Wish I could. Not this year. Next year hopefully.

Why can't the conference be in the not-peak-season? Tree Climbing Comp weather?

As a consolation, I will be hanging with D all week, while her mom is out of town for work.

Had a great time! Met Evan Sussman and briefly met Guy after a lecture he gave. Never got to meet Ian but Evan is a great guy, hung out a fair bit.
Ran into Bounce! Was great to see him, hopefully he'll check in here one of these days, he has some crazy stories but hopefully he'll chime in here.

You know, I've often been disappointed at this chapters conferences but this was an excellent one. I re-learned how fun the comps are, I think I'll try it again at my advanced age. Dan Kraus is going to next year as well.
I learned a bit about decay and wildlife snags and surveying tree leans, and consulting business stuff and and and lots

Back