Official I Am Outta Here Thread!

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 111K
hahaha...don't even have a CLUE about what that is going to be. I suspect it ain't gonna be Jimi H.

I am probably in for an unwanted education in the music department.:lol:

There is a Hendrix, along with heaps of others. Looks like 83 all up, the list is in your link under Line Up.

images

I'll be back on in a few days, leaving for Florida and the Geezers comp tonight with some friends. Driving all night, staying for 2 days, and coming back Sunday.

Committed on jan 16 to climb evolution traverse ........

Trained for 7.5 months, lost 23 lbs.....hopefully stronger too.

Now if only the weather holds!!!! Crossing my fingers a 10 day window is enough.

Oh well, it will be an adventure anyway. Thanks Deva for info.

Feet don't fail me now........

I'm in Tofino, northwest vancouver island. Wife is in England so I took my daughter (6) up here for the weekend. About 5 hour drive. I downloaded the pics, as we haven't really ventured very far out to get our own. It's as stormy as hell. We stopped at long beach on the way....the ocean is wild. Ria intimidated by the sheer noise of it. We got a cabin overlooking a sheltered cove though, so it's not so noisy through the night. Anyway, it's a cool place, even through storm season like now.

download.jpg 2_chesterman_beach_tofino_BC2_003.jpg

Wow, that first picture is something else!
Nice snug little cabin.

I'll get some more pics over the next few days. It's extremely wet and windy, but at least it's all quiet. There was a cougar sighted in town yesterday so we just have to be a little careful out on the trails.

Hell yea be careful.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/noIJyY2KxRA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice Reg. I worked in a camp just north of there, near Hesquiat. We use to park and water taxi out of the Blue Heron. Don't forget to go to the end of the road there as that's the west coast end of the trans Canada hwy. I've got a hat that was dipped in the water at both ends. Also check out Chestermans beach for some sea gazing/ocean walking that's very convenient in town. Here's me and my daughter on chestermans a few years back.

image.jpg

Chestermans has some good wave action down by the fancy hotel who's name currently eludes me. I should recall as it's been rumoured in my family that I was conceived there. I worked out of Tofino for over three years, was even a halfways decent surfer by the end. I never had problems with Cougars while there but damn that place is infested with raccoons.

This is long beach. The photos don't do it justice in regards to scale. The noise and size of the wave are huge. All but the 2nd to Las photo are from 50ft looking down.

2016-01-16 14.51.42.jpg 2016-01-16 14.48.59.jpg 2016-01-16 14.45.57.jpg 2016-01-16 15.03.19.jpg 2016-01-16 14.44.48.jpg

Outrageous scenery and nice family pics.

Go in the water just for the hell of it, you'll feel awesome after!

Some really good pics reg!!..glad you and kiddo getting away for awhile, keeps you from burning out, recharge the batteries

Back