Official I Am Outta Here Thread!

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 111K
Might want to Stick around an extra week. Looks like mother nature might have a swirly brewing up.
Ps. you should prolly pack a set of floaties so you can swim back to the mainland!!!
Have a good trip!!

College football season is here! First game is Saturday night, 12-hours away in El Paso, TX. I leave tomorrow afternoon (after I mow the lawn).

Boomer Sooner.

Alright, have a little patience. :lol:

Youse guys are funny.

This is from last night. They wanted to go eat mexican food. It's just a cell phone pic though and they are all pretty casual.

Game kicks off tonight at 8:30.

El Paso.jpg

I think those young men are the smartest of the football team, why go out and get pounded by other dudes when you can work and play with the pretty girls? Is the game televised Sooner?

Paul, the game will be televised on Fox Sports Net.

I agree, these guys made the right choice. It's amazing how many people want them to do a "stunt" for them cold. They don't understand their muscles have to be warmed up (they are athletes afterall, not just cheerleaders). Even the adminstration sometimes forget. Get on the bus, drive over to this private party, get out, do 10-minutes of promotion, get back on the bus, come on over to the game. Ain't gonna happen.

This time tomorrow, I'll be halfway back home. :)

Dennis

These guy's job is to throw the girls up in the air, catch them when they come back down. Lift them overhead and put both the girls feet into the palm of one hand and keep them up there for quite awhile. Things like that.

Do the guys do backflips and somersaults, no.

They are very good at what they do though.

I don't follow Oklahoma Sooners but I am currently watching the 'Tide roll over the Wolverines 41-14 with five minutes left in the 4th. Just like the drubbing LSU got in the national title game in January. SEC rules collage football.

It was definitely UGLY!

I don't know who said they would be in the hunt for a national championship this year, but I didn't see anything close to the talent needed.

A national Championship, really? The SEC is so far ahead in terms of size and speed, Nick Saban ( Tide ) and Les Miles ( Lsu tigers ) know how to recruit to keep firing on all cylinders. The other Conferences are still playing catch-up. Size and speed bro. You can ignore these facts but come January the wins will be on the table. Maybe Ohio State with Urban Meyer or Lane Kiffin's USC might throw a surprise. By the way I love college football and follow things closely, but I am just giving Scooner Fan a little jovial banter. I am not fanatical or nothing, I just stick to the facts of the game. All good and friendly where in my part of the world where I am an truly an anomaly.

Maybe to a lesser degree you have to also look at the cheerleaders too as part of the strengths in the conference, the gals working those pompoms, and at the person that safely gets them to their destinations. Go Sooners!

Alabama has appeared in the BCS Championship game twice.
LSU - 3 times.
Ohio State - 3 times.
USC - 2 times.
The University of Oklahoma - 4 times.

Jay, I drive the football players more than the spirit squad. Home games I pick them up on campus, take them to dinner & a movie the night before. Go back on game day and help them eat the pre-game meal and then take them to the stadium.

Away games that are 3-hours or less, I drive the team.

When they fly, I follow the equipment semi-truck. I drive the equipment managers & spirit squad on those trips.

2001 only win for OKLA. Losses in 2004 to LSU, 2005 to USC, 2009 to FLORIDA. So we have LSU with 2 wins, Alabama with 2 wins and Florida with 2 wins. Hmm I think the SEC is the strongest conference wouldn't you agree. Plus we are 12 years away from that win, you think Landry Jones can carry things this year. Don't worry I won't lose sleep if the Sooners win and it would be nice for you if they do. Lets watch each sat and go from there. 1 or 2 loss teams are not going to make it this year.

Like I said... I didn't see the talent during Saturday night's game.

Making it to the the championship game takes a certain amount of talent. OU has been there more than the other teams.

I'm a fair weather fan. They pay me to drive. Even though I can attend the games free, if it's a home game I watch it on television after I drop them at the stadium. Away games, if it's too hot or cold, I'm in the locker room watching. Good weather, yes - I'm on the sidelines with them.

Back