Official I Am Outta Here Thread!

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 111K
Wow, Dennis, I didn't know you were such an integral part of the overall apparatus. For some reason you hardly ever mention other than about the cheerleaders. :D

Anyway, i read where the team has it's work cut out, it didn't seem like they were being written off yet as far as a championship.

Wonder if they ever collected Ray Nitschke's DNA? Fifteen seasons as the middle linebacker for Green Bay. A career terrorizing running backs.

Been and gone, to get this thread back on track a bit. ;-) Decided to cut out of work around lunch on Friday, actually left a few hours later, ran to my camp gear stash then home for chow, grabbed kiddo at daycare and broke the news; we are going camping, right from here! Squeals of glee ensued, continued pretty much till Mid day today when we had to leave to come home, the noise he made when we got in the truck and started driving home (after sleeping a 10 hour night)? zzzzzzz about 15 minutes after we hit the road. We spent time riding bikes, riding bikes, roasting marshmallows, riding bikes, stoking the fire, cooking, riding bikes, eating, riding bikes, sleeping... you get the picture. Got home to a nice beef roast dinner from mom, delivered with hugs.

I'll be out of touch for a few days. I am on a county search, rescue and recovery dive team. Two other members and I are contracted to provide dive team services for a big event in the Atlanta area called TomorrowWorld...per the official web page: http://www.tomorrowworld.com/about

"TomorrowWorld is the first international edition of Tomorrowland, the world’s most popular electronic music festival, held in Belgium each year. TomorrowWorld is a 3-day festival delivering innovative and immersive experiences with mindblowing décor, enchanting acts and animation, A-class camping, cozy cocktail bars and gourmet food. TomorrowWorld marks the first European festival of its scale in the USA and the first to set a minimum age of 21."

There is one large lake and several smaller ones that they are concerned some of the expected 50,000 people might decide to try to swim in...security is supposed to keep them out of the water. If that does not work they will be calling us. I have my Lettman Mark IV kayak (from the 70's) prepped and ready. I'll use it for quick access if we have a water emergency (mask, fins, snorkel, throw bag - rescue rope - and buoy marker in kayak bag) and we will have dive gear stationed at strategic points.

So don't go gettin' all "Stiggy" on me...I'm not off with an old flame...just out making a few bucks on one of my other jobs.

Y'all be safe.

Attachments

• 001_001.jpg
    001_001.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 46
  • 001_002.jpg
    001_002.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 001_003.jpg
    001_003.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 46
Gary, have fun and do share when you are back! Can't wait to hear about it. With booze in the mix it is bound to get crazy at some point.

hahaha...don't even have a CLUE about what that is going to be. I suspect it ain't gonna be James Taylor, Gordon Lightfoot, Jimi H., or even Robin Thicke.

I am probably in for an unwanted education in the music department.:lol:

But the scenery is supposed to be somewhat superb.

Back