OAR hybrid

Thanks a lot, I would only need it for a day or two.

So, can we get a headcount- are there 3 fully mechanical hitches out there now, the RR, the BB, and the OAR (not counting the zigzag which I gather has fallen out of favor)?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
dont forget the unicender. if your counting ddrt you have to throw in the spider jack and lock jack as well.

Crazy innovation going on at a furious pace.

Did some sappy Monterrey Pines the other day (yes folks, the ones that set off my asthma). Worked a dream in the pitchy stuff. Nice to be able to not get frustrated with a prussic. I had three I traversed tree to tree in. Limb walk out to the next tree, catch a crossing limb and set a new tie in. Smooth as silk. I am using the FS that Dave Stice made for me so I can just Ddrt off the one tree, lanyard in, and pull my line to reset. Then work the tree SRT and prune... Set the FS, back onto Ddrt, traverse, repeat.. repeat. This becomes more difficult once you get too much pitch to make the traverse smoothly. More frustrating than anything on the limb walk. No problem with the mechanical. OAR performed flawlessly.
So.... I have one more thing I would like to try if Cory can be patient prior to me passing this on.
I am going to make a knee ascender out of my old Patin since I used my Christmas/Birthday money to by a new Camp Turbo foot ascender :D
Then I can try a nice walker set up with it losing the handled ascender. ;)
I mean, if that is ok ? :D
cl-gp22~3.jpg

Stole this pic off the net..

OAR Rich.
Woodslinger, I have not formed an opinion on the Camp Turbo yet. Have not really got all that much time on it since I got sick right after I received it.

Sign me up i still use a vt for srt. I can only go up and have to drt down . time waster and a pain. I want one of those too. The rop runner looks cool i just dont like the idea of accidentaly dropping a piece.

Did some sappy Monterrey Pines the other day (yes folks, the ones that set off my asthma). Worked a dream in the pitchy stuff. Nice to be able to not get frustrated with a prussic. I had three I traversed tree to tree in. Limb walk out to the next tree, catch a crossing limb and set a new tie in. Smooth as silk. I am using the FS that Dave Stice made for me so I can just Ddrt off the one tree, lanyard in, and pull my line to reset. Then work the tree SRT and prune... Set the FS, back onto Ddrt, traverse, repeat.. repeat. This becomes more difficult once you get too much pitch to make the traverse smoothly. More frustrating than anything on the limb walk. No problem with the mechanical. OAR performed flawlessly.
So.... I have one more thing I would like to try if Cory can be patient prior to me passing this on.
I am going to make a knee ascender out of my old Patin since I used my Christmas/Birthday money to by a new Camp Turbo foot ascender :D
Then I can try a nice walker set up with it losing the handled ascender. ;)
I mean, if that is ok ? :D
cl-gp22~3.jpg

Stole this pic off the net..

I have one well worth it no rope weight to start amd you can just go. Ingenious ascender!

Back