New Petzl Tool

chris_girard

Treehouser
Looks like Petzl is "releasing" some more cool tree climbing gear soon...check out the Petzl EJECT. Should be great for spar work.

Spin L1D looks interesting. The video is on that linked page.
One way pulley with friction facets for lowering-assist. Looks like an Omni-Block.

I've kinda forgotten about friction savers.

Never said i would buy it! I still run my hand spliced by me 3 stand one! Spending any money on a friction saver doesn't make sense to me 🤣🤣

Not even close to new and different. Just a stupid expensive and more complicated option to the tried and true AFS of decades ago, and not improved upon a whit...except to Petzl's bottom line.

Kids these days...:P.

Posting while buzzed :drink: ;)

I'm with Pete and Burnham on this one. Looks like lipstick on a pig.

Trying to 'high-tech' a doubled rope system goes against one of its base attributes... simplicity. It also encourages its over use as an ascent system.

Not even close to new and different. Just a stupid expensive and more complicated option to the tried and true AFS of decades ago, and not improved upon a whit...except to Petzl's bottom line.

Kids these days...:P.
Ye old cremudgen says "new fangled gadget, fooy" :P:lol:
But I have to agree.

All I see is a expensive over engineered accident- at a certain point we have to admit that every technical evolution is not a positive one, irrespective how new and shiney it is.
I said the Zigzag would crack. Guess what happened... They had to redesign it because it cracked. Are they on 3.0?

Every challenging fork I hop through with my HitchHiker, I think, would I like to risk side-loading roller chain links if I slip. Not really.

If only, around 10 years ago or more, someone would have devised an SRT device to work in this situation. 🐒

i would prefer sail power honestly. all that coal and smoke would get to me. but sail power. so awesome. i also am more impressed with the technology behind my handsaw and hand pruners, than any power tool. i prefer a scythe to a weed wacker... the advancements in those fields just keep on coming. but yeah frig petzl anyway.

Oh OK lol. I was gonna say that would be really really bad for them. Deserved after their chicane bullshit, but yeah.

Back