Met Nice Guy Dave

treesandsurf

Treehouser
Well split from the chaos here on Oahu and went to Portland for their comp and to visit an aunt and uncle and cousin who live in Aloha just south of Portland. Got to meet nice guy dave and a whole bunch of other PNW climbers, was a great time. I was really impressed with the level of climbing, it felt like being in the Western Chapter contest.

I also drove thru Medford but was in such a hurry to get back to my folks to see my 5 month old I didn't want to spend too much time on the drive down. Beautiful area Willy it was a picture blue sky day and beautiful mountains all around.

jp:D

Attachments

• portland.jpg
    portland.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 13
  • workclimb.jpg
    workclimb.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 17
Wayhah what a nice scene in the second pic so picturesque. Postcard perfect. Wesspur has been good to me and nice guy Dave has given many a valuable tip when making some unsure purchases, seeing as I live in TIMBUCKTU.

Bummer Jon, would have been cool to meet up for a bite. Maybe another time. Still thinking about staying on the mainland?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I actually mapped your address on my phone just north of medford on the 5 and was going to just drop in but then decided against it. I figured the odds of you being at your shop were slim. Oregon is pretty cool, I was surprised how much the climates and landscape changes as you head south from Portland, especially southern oregon feels like a totally different place than up north. And then you hit nor cal and it's like hot dry oak country.

We're still debating; it was pretty cool to have Ava meet everyone and be the family, both Karen and my family are in California so it would make sense in a lot of ways. The logistics though are staggering and give me a headache just thinking about it.

Yeah, there is a bunch of differing climates in Oregon, I really like the tree diversity in the Rogue Valley and differing seasons. We don't get the coastal influence the rest of Western Oregon does as we are surrounded by mountains. Any who, give a shout sometime and I will try to make time, always enjoyable to grab lunch with visitors.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Will do Willy, I wish I would have had the time would have been nice to meet up.

Yeah, there is a bunch of differing climates in Oregon, I really like the tree diversity in the Rogue Valley and differing seasons. We don't get the coastal influence the rest of Western Oregon does as we are surrounded by mountains. Any who, give a shout sometime and I will try to make time, always enjoyable to grab lunch with visitors.

conifers, conifers and more conifers...:lol: Oh! and the occasional Madrone and Tan Oak....HA HA.... Seriously though, what else do you have growing in that valley?

conifers, conifers and more conifers...:lol: Oh! and the occasional Madrone and Tan Oak....HA HA.... Seriously though, what else do you have growing in that valley?

Native?
Deciduous
Black oak, white oak, canyon live oak, pacific willow, red alder, black cottonwood, chinkapin, dogwood, vine maple, black locust,

Conifer
Western white pine, pondo pine, sugar pine, hemlock, doug-fir, white fir, incense cedar, western red cedar

I could go on with a little thought, then to mention all the different types of ornamentals....

Don't tell anyone else that Greg... you'll tarnish his rep! :lol:

First time I met Dave, we hung out in a bar in Monroe, WA. It was a good time...

Gary
I know Gary, but I have to give him koodos once in a while....Hung out in a bar with Dave ? that's out of the ordinary....:P

Yeah, meet my two son's. Ha

I'm going to announce this now. In the morning I'm leaving for Australia. Graeme has a tree to take down and said a few weeks ago that I should make it over there to see it. Unfortunately my love can not make this trip. It will be solo.

I will be back on the 4th. Give me a couple of days to settle in afterwards and I will post some pics of the trip.

All, Jerry B

Were you banging back double shots to make the waitress wonder?

Have a great trip, and tell your lovely wife to post if she gets lonely.

What an adventure, Jerry! Safe travels and looking forward to your pictures and videos upon return.

awesome_gif_gif_gif.gif

Nice idea, they should take one of their big trees, have Jerry climb it, then rope it off with a plague. "This tree was climbed by Mr. Gerald Beranek on such and such a date". I'd go see if if i was in the area.

Back