Masterblaster aka Butch Ballowe III

Is the word change per automatic still active?
That was funny stuff.
Random words changed to something else. That could build some interesting sentences. This was before auto spells and T9 made it funny.

Did everyone notice he’d randomly select a person and inflate their post count? I know damn well I don’t actually have over 1200 posts yet. Happened on my first account too in 05. Just a funny quirk I noticed. I think at one time he reset his to zero.
When I moved the boards to Xenforo I recalculated everyone’s post count (I did notice he reset his own) so yes, everyone’s number of messages should be accurate.

OK, I’ll admit it, I cared about post count and I had just gotten to some thing like second or third on the old post count list when Butch starting giving post counts away like candy. It pissed me off at first but it was a good lesson for me. I was spending too much time online and not enough with family. I never paid attention to post counts after that.

post count is obviously just an essentially meaningless number.

This is your current post count in Base 2: 10001000111010 Feel any better or worse about things? ;)

There was someone ahead of me I wanted to beat. Riverrat? Can’t remember anymore. It was important then.

:lol: I can understand Darrin. Back when I had to "re-join" in '09 I remember thinking "great, now all the new folks think I'm one o them..."

Don't remember when I actually started here, but it was a few years earlier.

I remember being welcomed by Butch right away. "fill out your profile", "what's your name"...and of course he never missed commenting on a stub I'd let slip into a picture.

He was always encouraging (like most here), like when I took the leap into going it on my own, or had had a particularly hard go of it for a while, and even when I made the choice to get out of the business.

Last edited:
I'm sure that's an autocorrect gone wrong, a major problem when posting with a phone.

I was thinking of the Masterblaster while doing this bit of work

"No stubs!"

I cut them clean :).

Back