Masterblaster aka Butch Ballowe III

You do realize, of course, that means you should lay off of me, if that is the way you roll.

Please don't, I can take it.

Chess is a logical game. Let's analyze Stig's post about Butch from the point of view of logic. Stig insulted Butch, so he insulted the whole Tree House. So he insulted all of us. I think he should apologize. At least for the purification of karma. If someone doesn't see the logic in this, let them be the first to throw a stone at me. «Something is rotten in the state of Denmark» William Shakespeare, Hamlet

Chess is a logical game. Let's analyze Stig's post about Butch from the point of view of logic. Stig insulted Butch, so he insulted the whole Tree House. So he insulted all of us. I think he should apologize. At least for the purification of karma. If someone doesn't see the logic in this, let them be the first to throw a stone at me. «Something is rotten in the state of Denmark» William Shakespeare, Hamlet

So basically, you want me to leave the 'House because my posts about Putin insult you national pride.

Good luck with that.

Back to Butch. I miss him.
I do too. Butch and I had a pretty unique relationship. When I found the Treehouse I had just gone through a divorce, was still on active duty in the US Navy, and needed a hobby. So I started rebuilding chainsaws from the 60's and 70's. I then met a local dude that was cutting firewood and I started doing some climbing. Butch always told me to stop climbing, and stay on the ground where it was safe as I was about to retire from the Navy. Not too long after that I made a rookie mistake about 60 feet up and my climbing line tied in below my flip line saved my life. I never went aloft again and Butch and I talked a lot about it. Butch was also in the Navy and we bonded over a lot of PM's yalkkin' about Navy stuff. I always wanted to travel to LA to meet him, but never got the chance. He will always be a part of my memory as his wit was unmatched out of any other cat I've met on an online forum. Love you Butch... hope you are lookin' down from that big pile of reefer in the sky. 💗

Gary

Very touching read there, Gary.

I think He would be stoked to see you visiting The TreeHouse again.
I’m pretty stoked myself to read you again!

I have had a lot going on in my life. Maybe I'll dump it all on you cats one day. I feel bad for dipping on the Treehouse for so long. I pretty much strayed from all forums except for a couple of hot rodding and hunting forums. Good to see you cats too. :) I do plan to stick around, even though I don't climb, and now only have 2 chainsaws... :lol: I miss all you cats. :)

Gary

Back