Living in MA questions

One thing about Mass is they passed a mandatory health insurance law, so every resident must have it. I have friends who were not pleased, so I would check into that also.

$3.35 is the lowest I remember.

Me too, though my first job was about a buck an hour less at 12 years old. They figure they better put me to work vaccuuming, polishing wood stove brass, cleaning toilets etc just to get me to quit bugging them for a job!

Hoping to do tree work Erik. I've contacted Jim at Mayer Tree and we're going to meet up when i go up there next week. But I'm open to doing other jobs if avaiable.

What are you coming up for?

Mayer has operations in Essex on the north shore and Worcester which is pretty much the middle of the State. Worcester is close enough to commute to Umass but if you end up living here and working out of Essex you could go to Essex County Agricultural which in my opinion is just as good as Stockbridge (I went to both) and is a fraction of the cost. You wouldn't even have to enroll full time to take an MCA prep class or pesticides prep class.

Mass Arborists and Mass Tree Wardens give big money scholarships....and lucky for you, you know someone on both those e-boards ;)

If you're going to be here on Oct 2nd, let me know. I'll be helping moss with a kids climb and we could always use some extra help.

Hey guys, just a reminder that I think the Treehouse ROCKS! I'm constantly amazed at how much networking we can accomplish here with such a small membership. Our combined power and influence is phenomenal!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Greg. We'll be leaving the 3rd or 4th, should be there by the 5th or 6th hopefully. We're coming up to check out Stockbridge college and maybe meet up with some Tree House guys. We may head towards Boston, so if we do, I'll give you a shout.

And I agree with Skwerl, the Tree House Rocks!!

I used to skate with a bunch of the ATG guys back in the day in an intramural league. Fun guys.

Whatever that is? A kid from Kentucky livin' is Masshole land.......... would be funny to watch for the first week. Hmmmmm maybe a reality show in the making!

That would be Bahstin. The neck of the state he is going to school is affectionately referred to as the "Happy Valley". They are all off a bit so he won't even be noticed.

I know, I forgot to end my sentence with "don't cha know?", that's why you couldn't understand it.:D

Back