Like/Dislike Button

Yes or No

• Total voters
Yeah me too Raj...its like the advent of the year 2000, all the hype, it will be the end of the world.... and......then nothing happens.

I wasn't a fan of creating a Like button for TH, but having worked with it for awhile now, I think I get it and it seems to be a further aid to communication. It is a bit of a nuisance to go back and check your likes but I guess that's the nature of the beast. I don't hit likes anywhere else. Well, the only places I go to that offer it are IG and YT, but yeah nah. Carry on. :drink:

Interesting read on Genesis of the like button being adopted by the House. Looked like the polls were not in favor of it based on the comments. I’m guessing it swung in favor of like as time went on?

I honestly believe the forum functions quite well with the setup that it currently insofar as the reactions available for use. I think that, by not having a dislike button, it promotes a more positive environment. It also forces anyone who truly dislikes a post to engage in a discussion about it by making a post, adding to the conversation, allowing for opposing views to be voiced and discussed.

Having said that, here are some reaction emojis that we do not currently have which might be worth considering. I really like the "pondering," "mind blown," and "congrats/celebration" reaction emojis as my top candidates for additional reaction options.

What about a "pondering" emoji?
1714706210708.png

Or a "bored" emoji?
1714706316555.png

Or a "mind blown" emoji?
1714706478048.png

Or a "puking" emoji?
1714706531831.png

Or a "celebration/congratulations" emoji?
1714706621591.png

Or a "thumbs down" emoji...

You can type those in too, in fact there's a whole pull down menu of them and that doesn't even count the ones on your device. I don't think there's anyone here that doesn't remember a landline phone, so emogis aren't really our thing. It was a huge adjustment for many to include the like button menu at all, and like the living room furniture it sometimes is just fine the way it is :lol:

You can type those in too, in fact there's a whole pull down menu of them and that doesn't even count the ones on your device. I don't think there's anyone here that doesn't remember a landline phone, so emogis aren't really our thing. It was a huge adjustment for many to include the like button menu at all, and like the living room furniture it sometimes is just fine the way it is :lol:
Yes, but I was specifically making recommendations for new options for the reaction options. I'm aware that there is a slew of emojis available from the tool bar above the text box. I honestly think everything is perfectly fine just the way it is. I was simply having some fun by offering some potential upgrades that I guarantee will never be put into effect. In other words, I wasted my time making a pointless suggestion because I'm an American and it's a free country lol

Back