Knick Nack Collections

I collect antique perfume bottles and crystals (not as much as I used to), older 'patented' Revere Ware cookware (I'm trying to put a full set together for each of my kids), rocks/fossils, weird nature stuff.

I collect wayyyyyyyyyyy more STUFF than I should. It's almost like a curse.

my (our) cookpots etc are Revere stuff, whats patented Revere? :) ) I bought them in the mid 90's, I cant imagine they are more valuable than the stuff I cook in them :D

I've still got my GShock from 1983... I can't read it without glasses, my eyes are useless up close. That's why the Forrester, it has a dial.

I also collect weird natural stuff, mostly wood. I even have a stump collection now that I think about it.

I collect Star wars Legos. I have about 250 sets. I can't show any pic's right now they are apart in boxes.

Anyone have anything in particular they collect?

I have a weak spot for old locks and a crap load of keys not pictured.

Wow that is an odd one, hey I have a collection of junk bought on 'offer' at gas stations, pen knives, wind up torches, chainsaw shaped lighters, steel mugs, travel rugs that kind of thing...:lol:

I used to collect antique and vintage clothes and jewelry. Lost it all in a bad relationship though :(
I stopped my collecting at that point....
Well then again.. Now I just collect memories :D

Paul, the older ones that have a patent stamp/number on the bottom have a thicker layer of copper....supposedly for more even heating. I found a big (20") round old Revere Ware griddle a few years ago....one like it went for $100 (?) on eBay. Thought about selling it....but couldn't do it.

Here's some history on the pans. Probably more than you care to know. LOL

I collect ADIDAS originals. Sneakers and athletic wear. ADIDAS will make special 'runs' of shoes/clothes that they made in 1970 for example. Then they may not make them again for 20 years. The thrill for me is finding some on a discount rack somewhere for short money, knowing they are worth far more......

Probably like many here, I used to collect baseball cards, one of the highlights of my youth. My collection was large and well organized. One day when I was older, my mother tossed out the box that held my cards, thinking that, "He doesn't want these any more", she later explained.

How much do you think a mint rookie year Mickey Mantle card is worth nowadays? The disaster put me off collecting anything after that. :(

"Mickey Mantle's rookie year was 1951, and sometimes memorabilia from 1952 will reflect his rookie season as with the 1952 Topps rookie card.

A 1952 Topps #311 Mickey Mantle is worth about $4,000.-$10,000. non graded, and graded cards will sell for a significant amount of money more at about $25,000. and as high as $75,000. depending on grade.

A 1951 Wheaties Test Issue Mickey Mantle Rookie Card in near/mint condition sells in the $2,000. price range. Other cards from this set for other ballplayers sell between $60.-$175, with the highest valued card closest to Mantle at $350.

Outside of Mantle's Rookie year memorabilia from early in his career holds higher value as well. Visit the link I left below for more examples of Mickey Mantle memorabilia including endorsed baseball gloves, bats, advertisements, games, cards, photos, and more."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sounds like my grandmother. My mom told me stories how she decided to throw all the kids stuff away, along with collections. She'd put it by the street and it'd be gone 10 minutes later.

When my bro was living home, he used to stay up late and buy baseball cards off one of those home shopping shows. He says they are worth enough $$ to send a kid through college.

That thing I gonna send ya Jay could be used for a Bonsai stand .... BTW I hiked back in da woods and got it the other day :D Now I just needs to find me a box :)

In the early 70's a neighbour of ours who was moveing away dropped off 3 or 4 big paper shopping bags filled with early hockey, baseball, some basketball and Canadian football cards. He has been collecting since he was a kid and so had his father before him.

It filled up a dresser and then some! I racall 2 different Babe Ruth cards and no less than 3 Ty Cobb baseball cards. There were over 30 assorted old brownish baseball cards and many original six (teams) hockey cards plus much much more!!! Even had a poster of the 3 Howel brothers when they all played for Heartford Whalers!

In 1980, joined the army cadets and went away for the summer. Once back home, all my cards were gone & the dresser was stocked with new socks & underware etc. Mom had tossed all the cards in the garbage figuring I was to old for such nonsence at my age.

I think the few cards whos names I remembered would have been worth at least $3000 and I can't remember what or who all the others were of.

What is it with moms & there need to clean up there teen kids bedrooms???

HC

In the early 70's a neighbour of ours who was moveing away dropped off 3 or 4 big paper shopping bags filled with early hockey, baseball, some basketball and Canadian football cards. He has been collecting since he was a kid and so had his father before him.

It filled up a dresser and then some! I racall 2 different Babe Ruth cards and no less than 3 Ty Cobb baseball cards. There were over 30 assorted old brownish baseball cards and many original six (teams) hockey cards plus much much more!!! Even had a poster of the 3 Howel brothers when they all played for Heartford Whalers!

In 1980, joined the army cadets and went away for the summer. Once back home, all my cards were gone & the dresser was stocked with new socks & underware etc. Mom had tossed all the cards in the garbage figuring I was to old for such nonsence at my age.

I think the few cards whos names I remembered would have been worth at least $3000 and I can't remember what or who all the others were of.

What is it with moms & there need to clean up there teen kids bedrooms???

HC

When our kids went away to summer camp we used the opportunity to check their bedrooms for anything incriminating.

Bivy has an awesome collection. Look up the bonsai thread.
I collected baseball cards as a kid. Sold some of my best stuff to a kid for dirt cheap in middle school.:banghead: Old stuff catches my eye these days. I used to have old boxes of ammo around the house as decoration, it started dissapearing shortly after I got married:|: Guns, knives, tools, What ever strikes my fancy

I forgot, I have a collection 'Heavy Metal' Magazines, about 5 years worth.

Right on! I have every issue from '94 to date and probably 75% from '77 to '93. I also have near to complete runs of some different Conan the Barbarian titles. I recently started collecting the old horror comics Creepy and Eerie as well. Also have a small collection of semi expensive swords and pawn shop knives. Lately I've been buying lots of action and horror movies from the '80's and '90's. I don't know if I like collecting things or spending money but the two seem to go hand in hand.

Back