Knick Nack Collections

so IF you have more then three of something does that count ?

bones (animals skulls and bones)
rocks
1920-1960 vintage Christmas
early english dinnerware,
fiesta
cookie jars
Steif animals
1940-1960 wedding cake toppers
Pottery, rookwood, Fulper
bunnies
Frogs
glass from 1850-1930
lines
Handmade quilts
Stickly furniture
charcoal drawing of nudes

just to name a few items
not much in my house is made after 1960.

Attachments

• DCP_1622.JPG
    DCP_1622.JPG
    193.1 KB · Views: 5
  • DCP_1616.JPG
    DCP_1616.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 5
  • DCP_1612.JPG
    DCP_1612.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 5
Bivy has a great colleting - very differnet - Azalea and Beech - all well cared for and - OH gee - I really need to visit and take those photos, The yared is just perfect for them.

I tried collecting animal bones when I was a kid but my mom threw out that first little bird skull I had sitting on my windowsill. I guess it might've stunk a bit.

I started collecting Bossons chalkware heads. A rare one on ebay last night was bid up to $450. I wouldn't spend that much but even the damaged ones are pricey. I think they are neat as hell though.

Attachments

• 109 resize.jpg
    109 resize.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 17
Is that .32 caliber black powder a replica or an original, Brett?

Looks a little to ornately carved for an original.

Nice collection.
Had it been mine, there would have been a Krag-Jorgensen included, of course. Just for patriotism:lol:

I collect guns,my Father does and my Grandfather did.

I don't know how many we have in total,but it could be close or over 100 firearms.My Parents are moving from the Family home next year and we have to slim down the collection.Sometimes at Auction you have to by the "lot" of perhaps three to five guns to get the one you actually want.

So we have numerous common guns in average condition,we will sell these and by a few more quality examples of less common arms.

I have a few firearms but I've only ever bought two which are a 58 cal muzzle loader and a sporterized M1917 Eddystone .The rest were family heirlooms .

I kind of look at firearms as if the were a tool like a saw or hammer .Different strokes for different folks .

Stig, on the .32 rifle, the metal parts are original and the wood is a hand-carved replacement.

my current collectible, outdoor gear :D sharp pointy things. here is some of them;
Becker BK2 with Cold Steel SRK, Gerber LMF II Infantry, Gerber Warrant, Mora

Attachments

• IMAG2212.jpg
    IMAG2212.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Gerber LMF II.jpg
    Gerber LMF II.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Gerber Warrant.jpg
    Gerber Warrant.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1
  • MORA.jpg
    MORA.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1
Very nice collection! I think I'll start collecting sharp pointy things too. It makes a nice complement to things that go bang.

got a new one delivered today, also found a pic of another pair I hadnt posted yet. I think I am done buying for a while.
SOG Seal Pup Elite with Kydex sheath, CRKT Ultima large and small version. All three knives are also the non partly serrated blade.

Attachments

• IMAG2290.jpg
    IMAG2290.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 1
  • CRKT Ultima sm and lg.jpg
    CRKT Ultima sm and lg.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 1
no guns or knives here. ive got a pretty good collection of natural curiosities though. skulls, bones, mummified animals, twisted sticks, wood pearls, and birds nests. IMGP0036.jpg IMGP0042.jpg IMGP0045.jpg

Back