• Views 5K
D

dandandatreeman

Just gotta hand some out and get me some more calls!!!8):D:thumbup:
If ya'll can't tell I'm stoaked!!!!

Bang, zoom! To the moon Alice!

why-i-oughta.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
AAAAA....... livepreview.jpg look at my avitar.
They don't look too bad to me. I did design them.
My main customer base is other tree services.

I understand what you mean, Butch, but for a large part of our typical customer base they are used to hiring 'climbers' who show up without any gear or saws. When I began subbing out I was the only freelance climber I knew of with not only a climbing saw but a second midsize saw plus my own climbing gear and lowering line. The local climber typically thought of as being the 'best' would show up in sweat pants and rock climbing shoes with a saddle but no rope or saws. Fifteen years later he still doesn't own much gear other than a saddle and a 200T. The local small tree companies are used to hiring climbers who show up without enough gear to climb a tree so setting yourself apart as well equipped can make a difference.

On the other hand it probably doesn't need to be emblazoned on your business card.
Overall I like the card layout and design though. :thumbup:

Whats wrong with that statement Butch?

Damn I tried, and I am going to just have to make them work. Thanks for the input all.

Heh, hand 'em all out and make a small change on the next run. My new cards kick azz on my old ones.

right... I'm not bumbed out about it or nothing.

Ture but I'm not going to waste the ones that I have already. I don't need to waste anything right now. If nothing else my phone number and arborist number is on them, and they will have to do for now. I still don't understand why it is so bad to let my Contrators know that I have everything even if I didn't word it quite right.

I see what your saying now. I can fix them till I get another batch. Thank you for the input.
I defenitly don't want to come off like a idiot. If thats what you think of it then I really can't send it to someone like you can I?

I don't think it's that big of a deal. They are fine for now, especially in light of the fact that you're just stepping out on your own. Next year you can run another batch and tweak the wording slightly to closer reflect the image you wish to project. But right now the important thing is to get your name out there and find people willing to give you a shot. After a while your name will get passed around and the referral calls will begin coming in.

I order mine here: www.vistaprint.com
Last order was 1500 cards with front and back, 25 fridge magnets, two truck door magnets and a freebie post it note pad, about $80 CDN to my door in about 2 weeks.

edit: and mine are REAL wordy. although I have condensed and my URL for those with smartphones etc using a QR code, as seen in my current avatar.

That what I'm shooting for. I think that you if anybody else knows where I was going with this Brian.

I use gotprint.com.

I ordered 10,000, single side glossy, $100.

I honestly forget to scatter them these days. Barely made a dent in the box.

Thats where I got my cards at Paul. I just got mine in a little earlier.

Back