Jed Walters

That's the way I see it. I give fairly small amounts of money to various software projects I use. By itself, it's maybe a beer at the pub, but many people giving small amounts turns into something. Dunno how many other people give money, but if nothing else, it's a token of appreciation for what they do.

Such a shock, I have only just caught up with this terrible news. Had a few conversations over the years with Jed and he was a good guy. What I liked was his genuine enthusiasm and Interest to learn, always appreciated advice and thanked the input, he just couldn't learn it quick enough he said!
Rest easy Jed.

Wow, that video from Jed's skateboarding friend was powerful! It's strange, feeling like you know someone you never met, but reading Jed online and seeing him on the occasional video, you could tell he was an amazing human. Watching him hand file square really solidified to me that he was fully dedicated to the craft of tree work. It's cool to see he had that same drive for skateboarding, surfing, and his family.
I always got the feeling that Jacob had to really convince Jed to let him distract from the task at hand to make videos, but they were always the best ones! I was telling a co-worker the other day about "Jedding" the stump, but I'm failing to find that discussion in the search.
Jed's death has really made me wonder about all the close calls I've had... seems like luck is unfortunately a significant part of the game.

I just heard about this tragic event a couple hours ago. So so sad. RIP, Jed.

I live in the area, but have never met Jed or Jacob. When Matt of Eastside was just getting started, he rented my GRCS a couple times. Patrick worked for him a bit, before and after he met me.

Last edited:
Seen this yesterday

I am checking back into the House and knew I needed to drop into this thread first. I learned about Jed's death a few weeks ago and could only say, "just damn."

He was such a genuine person, humble, knowledgeable, skilled and always willing to teach and encourage others. He was one of the best of us...as Butch would say, "I am with sad." I'll miss you, Jedi.

I am checking back into the House and knew I needed to drop into this thread first. I learned about Jed's death a few weeks ago and could only say, "just damn."

He was such a genuine person, humble, knowledgeable, skilled and always willing to teach and encourage others. He was one of the best of us...as Butch would say, "I am with sad." I'll miss you, Jedi.

Terrible news about Jed.

I am glad you are back posting mate. Hope you stick around 🙏🏼

Last edited:
I got on well with Jed, I fell for his modesty till I saw his work in his videos, then I realised he was top drawer treeman, really jaw dropping elite level work.
We fell out a bit over the whole Covid/religion thing (my fault if I’m honest) which I regret, not that in the great scheme of things it matters a toss.
I try and think of him in sketchy situations, if it can happen to a guy as accomplished as him, it can happen to the rest of us.
I hadn’t realised about the skateboard thing till it came to light ‘after’
What a talented individual, what a damn shame.

Last edited:
Back