Jed Walters

This is horrific. I don't even know where to start. Jed was one of my favorites. I never met Jed in person but we texted and called some and of course a lot of online interaction. So I feel like someone close to me has passed so it's really shocking. As mentioned by others, he was extremely humble and down to earth. He had a way of making you feel special when talking to him. Jedidiah was definitely one of a kind. And he was here at the House for a long darn time. So many of his posts were just so cool. Just very sad and shocking to hear this news.

And dare I say, Jed was a very accomplished, extremely competent tree man. That he was killed on the job is a brutally stark reminder of inherent danger of tree work.

Such sad and awful news. Rest in Peace, Jed.:cry:

That is a tragedy- he was the most joyful treeman I've ever met, just a delight to be around.

Jed was my first foreman many years ago. He was an incredibly sweet, thoughtful and intelligent man, such a gushingly loving husband and father, and an absolutely amazing climber and faller.

Almost every day we'd have these wonderful meandering philosophical conversations driving to jobs. Even though he was deeply religious and I am an equally enthusiastic nonbeliever, I always felt welcomed by him.

I've been back east for almost a decade, but I still hear his voice when I face up a tight shot and imagine his excitement and smile when nailing the lay. I'm so sad to read of his death and am so grateful to have had the chance to spend time with him.

Love you, Jed

Than link was incredible. The interview was 100% Jed - humble, humorous, positive.

And then he became a surfer? Where's that link?!?:rockhard:

It is definitely him.

I cannot believe he never mentioned it, but then again, humble as he was why would he?

Skateboarding was part of the backdrop to my life for abojt 9 years. I had seen the Video parts of him and it never twigged.

Such a shame.

He was a skateboarding legend, in a time with not many legends about.

One of the first switch tre flips in a video part.

RIP Jed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dumb question... Was Jed a skateboarder in a past life? I was doing a web search, and came across references to a skateboarding Jed. I can't seem to find a picture, but I found an interview where his religiosity was referenced. Could it be the same person?

Yes it’s the same person. I know he didn’t really care to talk about it.

Dumb question... Was Jed a skateboarder in a past life? I was doing a web search, and came across references to a skateboarding Jed. I can't seem to find a picture, but I found an interview where his religiosity was referenced. Could it be the same person?

I messaged my brother who is knows about skateboarding. He knew him, told me to search out a thread on Instagram about him. All the comments were "good skater but even better dude"

I just watched some of the videos in that link. Heard his voice after breaking a skate board and there is no doubt that is him. Like many here I never met him. I did talk to him several times on the phone though. He always had a way of pushing me to do better without pushing if you get what I’m saying. Great guy and I’m really gonna miss our conversations

Damn, just checking in as I have been on the road. What terrible news and what a loss. Jed was the real act; humble as several have mentioned; a true gentleman as Jerry noted; encouraging and hardworking.

That is crazy being top of the food chain, first in skateboarding and later in tree work. Wutta stud, as MB might say.

And since he apparently subsequently focused on surfing, did he make waves :/: there too??

I hope we hear some info about how this tragedy happened because it is a bit hard to imagine that a guy as knowledgeable and experienced as Jed got caught. Was it logging/woods work or back yard arb work?

A little curious myself. I was reflecting on this today, thinking that treework is an area where unavoidable accidents can truly happen. Most "accidents" come from a lack of competence, or generally avoidable human error. You can do everything right in treework, and still have bad things happen.

Back