Instagram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Solid.

I've never seen that done aloft. Makes me wonder if the pushed tree might have been overall easier nuked via climbing a tad higher and putting a pull rope in, rather than doing the push tree thing

I'll usually just climb the trees and untangle them. Seems a risky move aloft.
Agreed. Plus, we've all used push trees in a ground scenario and we've all occasionally missed the shot and the tree to be pushed remains standing. If that happened to BBR he'd have to climb the tree again. I figure he was probably doing that clip mostly for show and the layout was highly conducive to making it all work.

His back must be iron

I wonder how many of these happen without someone filming? I'm starting to think the more likely you are to film yourself the more likely shits about to go sideways. I've been working since i was 12 and i never once thought "i really wish someone was filming this excellence right now!" :lol:

Comments said he lived.

I know two guys who cut the top they were tied into, both good to excellent tree guys, both lived.

The first guy looked up as the top was starting to go and saw his rope up there and said to himself, "this is going to hurt". He held on and furiously slacked his taut line hitch and was able to let the rope run thru his hitch with the falling top.

The other guy was the Ninja. He stayed tied into the top to aid in making the face cut because the top was growing at a hard angle and positioning was difficult. I was the groundie running ropes, neither of us noticed the impending issue despite a calm, relaxed work pace. So he started the back cut forgetting he was still tied in high. As the top started to go over I saw the problem and held the let down rope tight to avert disaster. Being the ninja, he held on and was also lanyarded in so he was not hurt at all, just surprised and maybe a little embarrassed.

I wonder how many of these happen without someone filming? I'm starting to think the more likely you are to film yourself the more likely shits about to go sideways. I've been working since i was 12 and i never once thought "i really wish someone was filming this excellence right now!" :lol:
"Capturing content" has got to be a factor in a lot of accidents, nowadays.

Back