I’m a sucker for a bargain

Sherill are trying to monopolise the tree kit business & if consumers are not careful they will.
I just got a WesSpur catalog in the mail

ive done business with both companies, WesSpur beats the hell out of sherril, better shipping times, prices, and you dont wait for months to maybe get your stuff

caddy pads for $76, dont mind if I do!

I think TreeStuff(Sherill)'s prices went up kinda recently. I seem to remember not that long ago, them and wesspur were pretty close. They aren't so close anymore, but the Sherill(s) get more individual deals.

My latest orders have been to west tech rigging and us cargo control, both of which were excellent. I've been thinking of doing a maple leaf ropes order, anyone try them yet? Was thinking on a bunch of their double braid for some projects, maybe some super heavy rigging rope (bigger than my 5/8 treemaster), some 3 strand for some stuff, etc.

I was going to. I was real close to hitting the order button, but I backed off. They aren't real clear on where the rope comes from, and I figured I should put my money where my mouth is, and buy American. At the time, I was looking at 3strand, and one similar to stablebraid.

Love maple leaf ropes. Only place I can find 6mm ocean Vectran. We got a spool of their 1/2 inch double braid for complex winching scenarios, came with a free spliced end and has held up well. Really good prices and a decent product

That said I think their quality is not quite as solid. totally good for rigging but im not sure I'd get a climb line from them. Don't recall if there was a origin label

My latest orders have been to west tech rigging and us cargo control, both of which were excellent. I've been thinking of doing a maple leaf ropes order, anyone try them yet? Was thinking on a bunch of their double braid for some projects, maybe some super heavy rigging rope (bigger than my 5/8 treemaster), some 3 strand for some stuff, etc.
I placed an order thru them not that long ago it would have been three day shipping but they needed a signature so one day more. I got their Samson 1/2" knock off and so far so good. And they sell Silky stuff at a really good price cheaper than anybody here in the states.

Just got a 20% off one item treestuff coupon in the mail. Wesspur matched their price no problem. maybe 10 minute phone call, but worth it to me. They really are great with price matching. Did the same thing when I bought my portable winch, saved $300 and felt good doing it

I was just looking at their site. I've heard the name before, but you don't really see them much from arborist suppliers. Looks like decent rope, but I guess all rope looks decent when it's just sitting there.

I talked to all the rope manufactures at the trade shows. The big brands stand the test of time while small ones come and go. All of them bought their yarns (fibers) from the same chemical companies, by the way. From which the manufacturing process produce many different grades of ropes from general usage, to arborists, marine and highly specialized.

The break tests at the shows where most fascinating to watch.

Back