I was on TV!

NickfromWI

King of Splices
A local PBS show did a episode on big trees. If you wanna see me being a cheeseball, scroll to about 8:20

<iframe width="512" height="376" src="http://video.kpbs.org/viralplayer/2365446684" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" seamless></iframe>

love
nick

I thought you meant they asked you a question on TV as they panned past you or something. That's a lot more than just being on tv. Very interesting. Good job Nick.

That was cool Nick, I've been on t.v. gobs of times but nothing that long or that cool!
How did the line clearance affect your numbers? Or did you not factor that in?

Very cool Nick!!! Unicender in prime time!! Have you tried the drum or barrel attachment for the uni? Too bad they called it rock climbing gear:/:

Very well presented Nick. You looked very comfortable on camera. Quite the silver tongue on you !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys! They did a good job of selecting the clips where I at least sounded a little smart!

Willie- the line clearance trimming did shave some points off my final score- but the formula was developed by loggers and favors thick-trunked trees over those with wide canopies. The formula

(Trunk circumference at breast height in inches) + (height in ft) + (average crown spread / 4)

I think it's bologna to divide the crown spread by 4 because a fat canopy is more awesome TO ME- but i didn't make the rules!

I've found several state and national champion trees. I'm pretty sure this silk floss is the biggest of all the champs I've found!

love
nick

Anyone remember the avatar of the guy with the square Frankenstein like head? Since he left or changed his avatar, Nick is probably the most photogenic in the house.

Back