Husky T540I XP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Maximalist as far a cutting power goes do you consider that saw (model # ?) to be any more powerful than the T540i XP ?

And, are you familiar with what model handheld Husky blower is the most powerful? Husky 436LiB is the best hand held we can get at this time. I think you get the better/more powerful models at least a year before we do here in the US.

@Maximalist as far a cutting power goes do you consider that saw (model # ?) to be any more powerful than the T540i XP ?

And, are you familiar with what model handheld Husky blower is the most powerful? Husky 436LiB is the best hand held we can get at this time. I think you get the better/more powerful models at least a year before we do here in the US.
I am not a great connoisseur of Husky. I will try to consult a Husky dealer in St. Petersburg, and let you know.

Last edited:
Yes the chain is not the greatest (soft) I'm looking forward to running a Stihl hardness chain on it someday.
Recently, I have an irresistible desire to create a Husqvarna + Stihl symbiosis. I want to put the tire and chain from Stihl on the t540ixp. Does anyone know what kind of drill you can drill a tire with? It turns out that the tire cannot be drilled :)

It must be very snowy in Russia if your chainsaw needs a tire with chains.

I like to use a new drill bit for drilling hard stuff like chainsaw bars. Drills tend to dull quickly, but I have put 6 large and 12 small holes in stihl bars using the same bit. A drill press greatly helps, otherwise it can take a while to get the drill started. I find low rpm seems to work well for steel, like 400-800rpm for holes around 3-6mm.

You can use a carbide end mill on your drill press, as long as you keep the bar and the drill wise tightly screwed, and all the play reduced. The carbide smilles when it sees the bar's steel. You have to get the best rigidity possible and use the mill only as a drill bit (not actually milling on the drill press) but a good enought drill press can handle it.

On the topic of electric saws I picked this up today, gonna convert it to 1/4 pitch 12in bar eventually but for now I’m gonna test it stock and enjoy the lightness and ease of use:

Attachments

• 7CE3BDA0-461F-4F45-B5E6-9613BB4F0A42.jpeg
    7CE3BDA0-461F-4F45-B5E6-9613BB4F0A42.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 17
Nice! I'll be interested in hearing what you think of it. Are those Milwaukee compatible batteries? That would be convenient.

No there much different. The battery is actually like 7in long. Gonna pick up the hand held blower soon so I’ll have a second battery. My Cs355t with a 16in bar gets too hard to handle especially if I’m on an awkward limb walk and gotta set a notch one handed. According to “femalearborist” on YouTube this saw is 80grams lighter than the cs2511t when there both full of fluids and fuel/battery so this will be much easier to run

That's really interesting. I definitely want to hear what you think of it. I'm especially interested in run time. I have a 2511 as my... basically everything saw. I keep it in the truck, and use it on the ground for work purposes, and it's my climbing saw of course. It's useful cause it's so small, and always there. I'm not crazy about electric aesthetically, but it would be more convenient.

Yeah I love the idea of being able to just zip off overhead suckers without having to start a saw or leave it running. Would probably make my silky obsolete. The few people on YouTube that has got to demo the saw said they would get a whole tree/day out of it. Luckily the other accessories in the line up are very cheap. Can get a blower or string trimmer for once $200 and that comes with another charger and battery so that’s how I will get a second battery for my saw

I didn't know that saw was available yet based on the $0.00 price on the Echo website. Specs said it is significantly heavier than the 2511t from what I remember seeing. Less weight, and worth while power and runtime in an electric over gas is too good to be true. I'll take another look at the website to see what it says.

I don’t have experience with the 2511 I know it was built to be the electric version of the 2511. My weight reference is from a YouTube video from where she weighed both saws full of all fluids. Technically the saw is not available. The Home Depot stores near me are also echo dealers and 2 stores within a hundred miles of me had 2 of each of the new echo products as a presale special. Oddly no one near me has seen and recognized them cause for weeks none of them have been purchased until I came and got one today. There is a guy on eBay selling the exact same saw right now for $450 brand new in box.

How much did your's cost? I assume you got a charger too? Extra batteries?

I looked at the Husqvarna electrics in case I wanted to use a 20% off discount, but at over $1000 for 1 saw, 1 battery, and 1 charger. NO!

It was $500 with the charger and battery. I can buy a handheld blower with a charger and battery for only $200. The saw can only take the 2.5ah battery so eventually I’ll buy the battery blower to give myself an extra battery. I ordered a yellow label Oregon versa cut chain for it so I’ll see how it cuts at 3/8lp. If I don’t like it I’m gonna get the panther 1/4in conversion kit from monkey beaver.com. So yeah by the time I’m done I’ll have spent close to $900 but I’ll have a nasty little saw with multiple batteries and a blower in case I ever need it at home. To me to have both light weight and the lesser heat dissipation of a gas engine will be greatly appreciated this spring and summer

Gas is also more durable and forgiving than electric when it comes to heat. Hot magnets reduces their strength, hot batteries can degrade quickly. Lithium batteries like to start puffing depending on the type at only around 115degF, so that would just feel warm to the touch. The gas 2511t will probably put out more power for an equivalent 3-4 batteries on one tank of gas.

But, quiet, and no pull starting is nice.

Great points nutball, it’s a new product that isn’t even technically released yet so I’m hoping they put decent components in the battery and motor to handle hot humid summers. My original plan was to buy a fully modded 2511 but when I saw the electric version was coming out I got a little too excited. If it under performs in the heat then I’ll get the 2511. Or maybe I’ll be able to run the 2500 for the light stuff then swap to my bigger Cs355t. Trying to one hand a notch with the 355 and 16in bar is killing my wrist.

You'll have uses for it for sure, even if it doesn't work exactly the way you'd like. Money well spent imo.

I’ll be sure to update y’all with how it’s performing in the winter. Having a winter storm coming through so the tree job tomorrow will probably be more like a snow plow day

Why spend the money on the 3/8. You should go directly to the conversion kit in 1/4. This tinny chain is gold with the low power motors.

I know that I want the 1/4in and will definitely end up getting it soon. I’m just the type of guy that likes to test and use things in all situations. The additional 3/8lp chain I got was only $17 and ultimately I have another echo saw so having a back up chain and bar for it would always be good. I’ll order the panther kit for it after my next pay day. According to echo you can (will) be able to order this saw from them in 1/4in configuration but the local echo dealers had no idea about this saw and the guy would do research to figure out if and when he could even get me one. I didn’t want to wait 3-5 more months to get it in 1/4 pitch stock

Back