Hazard tree contract fallers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good thread. I was surprised to see fallers on a govt job not wearing chaps, unless those were saw pants but they dint look like it.

Not required of contractors, or any other private industry chainsaw operators here in the freedom loving USA :). Gov't employees is a different matter entirely.

Ok that makes sense. Still surprised to see full timers not wearing them, I thought most serious fallers wore them.

They do here, for sure.

It is interesting to see how having socialized medicine leads to rules about safety gear, such as chainsaw resistant pants/Chaps, seatbelts and helmets for motorcycles.
For the simple reason, that when those, who by nature are too dumb to use it, get hurt, we all help foot the bill.

Sort of reverse Darwinism, I guess.

Safety aside, You'd never catch me logging in a pair of denim pants because the new generation of saw pants are just soooo much more comfortable to wear.
Even if they don't look quite as manly.

Cutting pants are a no-brainer for woods work. Hell even when I was just rigging and hooking chokers on a highlead I wore them all the time simply for the protection they offered. It allowed one to work a lot more agressively without being constantly banged up. It'd have to be pretty hot and pretty creamy going before I'd consider anything else.

That mental picture of you all hot and creamy will see me into 2016 just fine, Justin.

Eww. I meant creamy going, like easy ground.

In the woods here we had cream and schnarb, and if you were a highballer you could blow through either. The schnarb would bring out more of the colourful colloquialisms though. 8)

No explanation will help.
You have frigged up my mind forever with that mental picture.:lol:

Justin has offered up a number of contemplative pictures of himself over the years. There are the threatening customers ones at the gas station, but the one most in my mind is his tooth getting knocked out in the bar. Tooth or was it teeth?

Justin has offered up a number of contemplative pictures of himself over the years. There are the threatening customers ones at the gas station, but the one most in my mind is his tooth getting knocked out in the bar. Tooth or was it teeth?

Now I gotta see that one!

Oh, and chaps are for total pussies. :drink: (joking: of course)

Lol. You know what Jed that avatar of mine is probably one of two handfuls of days in my life I've wore chaps. I really don't care for them, cutting pants are the way. So I'll give you a pass on that comment as I wouldn't want you knocking any of my teeth out!

You know that gnarly leaner I sent you the vid of? It took tons of wedge banging with a sledge. Then needed more hinge trimming. When I climbed up there to trim the hinge, there were some limbs in the way. I had originally cut it from the ground on the other side of the tree. I cut the limbs off and was transitioning back to the tree. I had let off the throttle so not full speed on the chain. I was tired, arms jello, and the 288 and 32” Stihl bar were heavy. I grazed the shin area of my chaps.

Back