Guess who came to dinner?

• Thread starter Graeme McMahon
  • Start date
  • Replies 87
  • Views 8K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have just returned from taking Jerry to the Melbourne airport. We have been knee deep in saw dust for about a week now. It is thirsty work indeed. I think I will go back to work for a rest.

Special thanks to Brett Robin (Vic Axe) for the time he took to show Jerry about the bush. He is quite an ambassador for our timber industry.

Graeme

I am considering it. Jerry has set the pace hasn't he.

After Jerry's visit I realise that Brett Robin will have to train me up before I come over and partake in PNW hospitality.

I am going to the UK, Scotland and Italy in early September so it won't happen this side of Christmas. I won't need much of an excuse.

Graeme McMahon

Would be cool to see if we can work out some sort of forum get-together to coincide with your visit. We've had several great events.

Graeme, are you going to those countries for tree related reasons or just a vacation?

Skwerl, I'd be up for that.

Cory, UK confrence Pres. X 2, Italy Pres. for a mate and Scotland for a good look about.

I'll try to post a pic or two.

038-web.jpg
The dynamic duo, Jerry and Brett

035-web.jpg
Cement Creek under the mature E.regnans, Myrtle beech and Sassafras

IMG_0766-web.jpg
Above the basal bark on the mature regnans that we removed

IMG_0780-web.jpg
The work to be done

Graeme McMahon

Looks like the Hi Viz people caught up to Jerry at the airport, no hiding with that sweater on. :)

Awwww...and I was in Bermuda, next time Gerry, come to Tasmania
Not that I can match the pros being a Tassie/Aussie newb, but a trip to Tahune and a peek at some of the estates I work at, and the awesome scallop pie at our bakery...
Mind you that goes for everyone, just don't all arrive at the same time 'kay!

Say, when and where is the Italy presentation, I'm going to be there soon, would love to see it.

I'll tell ya what...we are no strangers to big wood here in western Oregon, I've climbed 'em big and tall to compete with anyone...with the notable exceptions of Jerry Beranek and Graeme McMahon :D. Wonderful stuff, most appreciated.

You were removing that tree in the third picture? I hope you were able to flop most of it :) !

Ill say this, you guys do the work that leaves me breathless... Whenever I feel like I got it figured out I watch Graemes video of that big removal he did at the Tahune airwalk, unbelievable.

They're just trees, after all. Most of the times the biggest are the easiest, if you have the right equipment. :drink:

Just give me sharp saws and strong ropes.

Ha, you're the one always saying it's easy when we whine about the difficulties of spur climbing the fatties for a 100+ feet...I always figured you had deep experience to back up your position :).

Back