Ground boots

DomT

Treehouser
Hello,

This has probably been posted before but what are a good, comfortable boot for groundsman? I’ve been looking at Andrews? Currently have a SIP pair but they’re pretty heavy although sturdy.
Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the TreeHouse! :)

Being from England, I’m guessing chainsaw protection is a must?
I like the looks of the Andrews boot, I was considering a pair for spurless climbing though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks. Yes, chainsaw protection and waterproof! English must!

Glad we don't have to worry about that problem state side. I had some haix protective boots that seemed pretty chintzy. So not those I guess

Light weight boots are always a compromise & never super durable. I really like the Pfanner Tirol fighter for ground/forest work. Can be a bit numb though until broken in. Easy to resole too

You don’t need chainsaw protection state side? I’m pretty sure I’m not covered by my insurance if I’m not!

I could too. But I’m fairly content with being alive. Mind you we have free health care so could make the most of it!

Maybe someone will correct me if wrong, but I think jobs on federal land have more stringent requirements, both in how to cut, and what safety equipment is required. Otherwise, for private work I think you can do what you want, but if something happens, OSHA may levy a significant smackdown if your safety is considered lacking.

Back