Fiddler

vharrison

Island Girl
Dave (Fiddler) passed away Wednesday May 3rd, 2023. He was a member here since 2009 and will be missed. He always gave us a great run in the joke thread, anytime he would post in there, I knew it would be funny. I was glad to hear that the Saturday before he passed he got to see some old friends and was able to play the fiddle a little.

Cancer sucks.

Oh wow, just discovered this thread. I didn't know @Fiddler very well, but I'll never forget that, when I was still very new to this forum, I made a post mentioning how I was experiencing a rough patch in my life. That same day, I received a direct message from him welcoming me and telling me that if I needed someone to talk to, I was welcome to do so with him through DM or by phone. He actually gave me his cellphone number; very few people would have done that. He and I ended up having a nice, insightful and -most of all - helpful conversation through DM for the next few weeks. Then I stopped hearing from him one day and now I understand why. I knew he was sick, but I didn't realize that it was life threatening. This is very upsetting. He was a wonderful man and I will always be grateful for what he did for me.

Wow. Sadness. A good dude for sure and a loss for The House.

Rest in Peace, Fidd.

Yes gotta believe Fidd would have given thumbs up. I thought that was freaking amazing. I woulda hung out there for a couple hours, that was dang special.

RIP :( Figured something might have been going on when he expressed discouragement about playing. Sad to hear.

Thanks for posting this V.
RIP Fiddler, he was a good bloke. I was impressed at how he got all his 'stuff' done, and happy for him that he had supportive family and friends about him in his last weeks and months.

Sad times. Even though I'd not met him I really liked him and thought he was always well balanced and came over well. Like others have said, it's a great thing he could get all his affairs in order and I'm happy he got the chance to play one last gig

Back