fair price for 200t?

WoodCutr

Treehouser
im looking to buy a used 200t in a month or two, what is a fair price for a decent condition, running 200? just saw one on ebay for $3000, normally around $1800, and down in the triple digits for a non-running variant

really like to spend under $1000 on it, but I doubt thats gonna happen if I get a running saw

Seems like it's a boutique saw at this point. If I were on a budget, I wouldn't even consider one unless a deal fell in my lap.

damn....I got a rear handle 200t I might consider for 3000.....!

Mine needs an AV mount. Still a ripping little fella, but I’m plenty happy with my 201TCM. Really not THAT different.

I’ve got an 020, 3 running 200T’s, and one 200t that needs rebuilt. Not selling any of them though. At least not yet. The way prices are going they will be my retirement fund. I need to find someone to do some porting. As soon as these guys get good at it they switch to only new saws. And that reminds me that I have to call Randy to order a new 462 and have it built.

Dyno Joe on youtube does used saws and has a dyno to confirm power gains, and could likely get recipes from other builders he knows.
I’ve got an 020, 3 running 200T’s, and one 200t that needs rebuilt. Not selling any of them though. At least not yet. The way prices are going they will be my retirement fund. I need to find someone to do some porting. As soon as these guys get good at it they switch to only new saws. And that reminds me that I have to call Randy to order a new 462 and have it built.

I don't know if anyone makes a high performance aftermarket piston, or of there are any compatible pistons from other saws, but in my opinion, they could perform better with a better piston design. It would be something to ask a saw builder to look into.

020s...they were a cool saw.

Mine of course was stolen. I wonder how running one now would compare to your basic $550 201t?

Imo the 201 rips and rocks. I clean mine 2 or 3 times a day with air, it's 2 or 3 years old and runs and looks like new.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have been making a list of people willing to sell a 200, whoever is the better deal will get the sale, seeing such a broad range in price is terrifying lol, there is one guy saying he will sell me a entirely rebuild 200 (he does oem rebuilds, caber rings, and I think he ports them as well) for a reasonable price, will probably buy from him

for work

and no, 200 is better, there is a reason everyone that owns one wont sell it for cheap, but every homeless guy and methhead near me has a 201

I paid something like $600-650 for my 201s. Please illuminate said reason of how a used or new old stock 200T (I've owned several over the years) is a multiple (2-5X) better than a commonly available and new 201T. I am perhaps the least price sensitive member of this forum, and yet it makes no sense to me from a performance/return standpoint.

should see my potato gun, I also infact used it to launch throw bags till I got my bigshot, recoil is terrible with a 15oz bag when shoulder firing

I’d probably trade my 200T for a brand new 201TCM, or a rear handle 201CM. Maybe even for a new 261CM.

I see very little difference in performance between the 200T and the Mtronic 201TC, and the antivibe is better on the 201. IME excessive vibration is often just an improperly maintained chain. Still it’s buttery smooth on newer Stihls with springs. These days I find myself really focused on keeping my hands, wrists, and forearms working well.

Back