Everyday working man.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stewart's Point. That's in my hood. You're getting close.
I Absolutely love that road, from Healdsburg to coast. I'm sure you remember that storm, 2018 I think, its when they giant slide came down past the Y camp and closed the road. People were camped in there cars at Clark's crossing. After all my attempts and tree clearing on the coast side, I hit a wall, when a big slide was just in front of me. I.coulda almost thrown a rock at the store and coast. That was about 4 am. With the rest of the crew fighting to open Annapolis road. What a storm, was something like 18 or 20 something inches of rain in a 24 hour period. You have an awesome hood my friend.

Skaggs' Springs Road from Healdsburg to Stewart's point in the 70s before the dam was built. Along the old road.

The old resort was defunct but the hot springs kept on flowing just the sam. A staircase of developed pools of hot and cold waters, flowing from out of the earth, from near boiling point to 40 degrees F.. And old-growth redwoods to boot. It's all under Lake Sonoma now.

Becket hitch with a 5/8 inch cable core lanyard works fine on smaller D's. But those 1/2 inch cable cores don't play nicely with big diameter D's.

I'm tired:) cut up a big black oak. Snow storm here knocked over. Thing fought on every cut, one of those trees and days lol. But went well eliminated all hazards, put all on the ground. Made the big stump cut with my 2101.

Attachments

• 20230303_113850.jpg
    20230303_113850.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 13
  • 20230303_104618.jpg
    20230303_104618.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 13
That one pic is really interesting. Looks like a closed circle with a pine growing through the stem. I assume the pine is just a perspective thing, but that circle would be cool to do something with. Maybe mill it. If it was in my yard, I'd probably just leave it as yard art.

That one pic is really interesting. Looks like a closed circle with a pine growing through the stem. I assume the pine is just a perspective thing, but that circle would be cool to do something with. Maybe mill it. If it was in my yard, I'd probably just leave it as yard art.
Yeah kind of wish I would have saved the circle. I thought about it, but was just trying to cut through the mess. Pine is gone now, it smashed it pretty good.

Skaggs' Springs Road from Healdsburg to Stewart's point in the 70s before the dam was built. Along the old road.

The old resort was defunct but the hot springs kept on flowing just the sam. A staircase of developed pools of hot and cold waters, flowing from out of the earth, from near boiling point to 40 degrees F.. And old-growth redwoods to boot. It's all under Lake Sonoma now.
I would have loved to have seen that. We're you able to get any good pictures?

Still cleaning up downed trees from snow. On Skaggs springs just above old Skaggs springs, to windy point. I'll get pictures of the country tommorow.

Last edited:
Back