DdRT and SRT, the best of both worlds

yoyoman

TreeHouser
Thought I would share the backbone to my climbing system.

Pretty boring stuff though.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vJkaOLxWleQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:
Good video. I do that exact same thing quite a bit. And when I don't have ddrt set up on the tail of my rope, I wish I did. I think I'm just going to keep a system prerigged just so it's always ready.

I use this a couple of times a month id say , generally I keep a length of hrc with a pinto on my harness all the time as it can be used for redirects ( srt and dbrt )as well as a second system. When its useful it can be really damn useful.

I seen you use this set up in one of your other videos.
Sents then I been using it..
SRT up drt out:thumbup:
Love your vids yo yo!!!
Guys like you make me a better and safer climber!!!thank you!!

I seen you use this set up in one of your other videos.
Sents then I been using it...

Me too. Nice way to use the whole rope.

On the DdRT leg and almost done pulling the SRT leg across after a traverse using this method...

IMG_20150211_163935_441 pe copy (Small).jpg

When are you going to do a Yo-yo from the tree tops vid? im thinkin a custom yo-yo with a large spool 100 ft of string? Thanks for the unicender drum by the way, soo much better now!!

I use this a couple of times a month id say , generally I keep a length of hrc with a pinto on my harness all the time as it can be used for redirects ( srt and dbrt )as well as a second system. When its useful it can be really damn useful.

I carry a cord/ biner/ pulley as well, for similar reasons.

Back