Congrats, Willie!

Good for you. I wish people around here knew what an arborist even was. I mine as well talk to the tree most of the time.

That's great though!

Oh... o.k. : Board Certified... Thanks Willie. I like how you're the only guy on the house that will even talk to me.:P Well done man. You deserve it.

Congratulations, Willie! I know exactly the depth of knowledge required to pass that test. It is a big deal and I hope it opens many doors for you.

Dave

Oh... o.k. : Board Certified... Thanks Willie. I like how you're the only guy on the house that will even talk to me.:P Well done man. You deserve it.

Well now that i'm BCMA I may have to change that:P

You join Sylvia McNeil, Montana's first BCMA, in this elite group.

I think she is the only one there still!

Nor I on your's, my friend ;).

That's a fine feather in your cap, Willie. You are miles ahead of me in knowlege of the field. I'm just an old sawyer.

Thanks, I know enough to know better than that:)

Well done Willie. Personally I find that program strange, why should someone who has proven a higher level of knowledge be required to get many more CEU's per cert period than someone in a lower certification? Shouldnt it be the other way around? And the fact that the pesticide questions are USA proprietary, most of the products are unknown outside the US so its a bit tough for anyone to know much about or have experience with them, INTERNATIONAL ISA? yeah, suuuuure. :)

That said, the test is on my radar one of these days.

The reason for more CEU requirements is because they bring in more money, and anyone dedicated enough to get the higher certification will spend more money to keep it. Sorry, but that's my opinion.

Congrats on your accomplishment, Willie. :)

RJS, I dont disagree. The key if you get the cert is to make sure it makes you money. If I get it, it will put me ahead of the other folks around that have other certs such as ISA cert arb which is so prevalent these days that its more obvious if you arent certified. My tree risk assessor cert carries a bit more weight as its a smaller crowd at the moment but its growing exponentially now that ISA has adopted it. The BCMA program is not popular here yet, I only know of 3 or 4 folks that have it, as an alternative to spending a bunch more money on going to an ASCA training camp for their cert.

PS, I know he hasnt been around in a while but G Meilleur is also a BCMA, just FWIW. Is there an acronym for too many acronyms?

I figured the same Paul, nearest one in state is 170 miles North. I do plan on ASCA in the next year or so. It is a money grab but if your not willing to pay, you stay in the same catagory as everyone else and make the same wages. I know I just squeeked by and realize the more I learn about trees, the more I realize I don't know about trees. This last month I feel like Johnny 5 "NEED INPUT!"

I figured the same Paul, nearest one in state is 170 miles North. I do plan on ASCA in the next year or so. It is a money grab but if your not willing to pay, you stay in the same catagory as everyone else and make the same wages. I know I just squeeked by and realize the more I learn about trees, the more I realize I don't know about trees. This last month I feel like Johnny 5 "NEED INPUT!"

I've got one more report to write to finish up the RCA, it is definitely a money grab but if you can market it and sell consulting work in your area it's probably worth it.

Also, when I was at the biomechanics week in august in ohio, all the 'lead' researchers in the world couldn't really agree on a lot of the issues which makes you realize none of this stuff is black and white...

jp:D

Back