Chipper cononundrum?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep 11 yrs old.
So it is painted, chute is hinged for quick tipping to go under trees and garage and engine mounted.
I need to do trailer wiring, suspension, throttle and choke control cables, and tool holders and equip box.

Its lookin pretty good and can't wait for it to be all done cause I am tired of packing brush into the truck and trailer
though on some jobs the trailer does make more money especially when the debris is dirty, Hour or two packin brush and to dump opposed couple of hrs of to flippin blades and bedknife in a cold garage.
Take some pics if anyone is interested.

Here is lil video <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JISsnhlOHBk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

before pic

Attachments

• Truck n chip.jpg
    Truck n chip.jpg
    502.7 KB · Views: 25
Good looking chipper Thomas. I will be interested how you think power measures up on the new engine. I think you will love it.

Would like to go to that engine on my 65AW, also might copy your chute mod. That is an ingenious idea. What do you get out of the longer chute hood at the end?

I have a 10 inch pneumatic tire on my tongue jack that allows me to two man push it back into some improbable places to save brush dragging time. And on a Bandit 90XP I just had built, I was surprised to find out about an ‘unlisted’ mod that I could add for $75 or some such. Down at the bottom of the chute that notched disc to lock the chute position can be had with holes all the way around 360 degrees. Think I will see if I can get one of those that fit the 65AW also.

At any rate good job. That will be nice to work with.

Thanks guys!
I love the pwr so far, it's a dream, bloody exciting, Ima grinnin. Chute idea is from farming chute / silage. I only suggested skirting and a hinge and left the rest up to the great Peter Crawford / Sheffield Iron Works. 72 yrs old still loves to work just keep "out of his way". He did the exhausts as well. Fiddly work...

Merle if you don't mind a suggestion, if you have the room u could consider a rebuilt small 4 cylinder.

Yep what's old is new again.
Really enjoyed popping that cherry.
Cheers

Back