Chainsaw pants

Frankie

I Build and Run Ported Saws !
Recommendation on new chainsaw pants to be used in 0-50deg weather ? Any input / experience appreciated

Several years ago I tried Cloggers....the size I thought should fit was way too tight in the crotch....could barely move. That was a medium...I am about 145#, 5'10"...not big. So I tried a Large size....still too tight...could not squat or move like I needed to.

I got these instead and have had good use and experience with them. Over 80 degrees...definitely hot...but for cool/cold weather...wonderful.

Solidur pants are pretty affordable, got a pair or the basic ones for $100 which are fine, not amazing. Very nice to not have chaps when slogging through thickets and snow. The Fellin ones look warm.

Solidur pants are pretty affordable, got a pair or the basic ones for $100 which are fine, not amazing. Very nice to not have chaps when slogging through thickets and snow. The Fellin ones look warm.
I was wondering about those, some are really well priced at Bartlett.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’m going to check these out at the STIHL dealer when I go get some gogo juice and b/c oil ... Stihl dark blue denim chainsaw pants ... 50565A8F-BF2A-4E8D-947C-550194402646.jpeg

I ended up getting the STIHL Function denim protective pants ... $129.99 and my dealer knocked off 10% on purchase of pants , 1 gal Motomix and 1 gal bar oil ... I used them this morning bucking up 4.5 face ... Started early , temp 35 , I found them very comfortable and warm ; definitely could wear them over a union suit if need be ... Way better than wearing chaps 😂 ... They have zippers on the ends akin to snowmobile pants also - no more chips in me boots ! FEFE1773-BA42-41C2-9F8A-DE90A7BB7D4C.jpeg

Last edited:
Bossman got us clogger pants a few months ago. A lot more comfortable to climb in than jeans and a lot cooler than wearing jeans with chaps over them.

Update : The STIHL chainsaw pants get a big 👍 ... I’ve used them several times and like them far better than chaps ! They are comfortable , fit well and keep ya toasty warm! I’m sure there are other chainsaw pants that are as good or better but for the $129.99 price I’m satisfied

Back