certification for crane ride

münchner baumkletterschule in southern germany will do that but thats quite the drive

‘Riding the ball’ I believe is the terminology.

If you have a tree to take out with a crane, have you asked if you can (ride the ball)?

Arizona is the wild west when it comes to tree work. There's literally no governing body, no qualifications required. Even worse, nobody is looking. The things I've seen done by tree companies in this state...

Here it's common , learn on the job. Someone has to judge the Tree "unsafe to climb" first , think that's OSHA. I have read that Mayer offers Crane Rides at their annual open Arbor Day party ... also I know to operate one in Massachusetts right next door requires a Hoisting License , don't think Vermont does.

Last edited:
Here it's common , learn on the job. Someone has to judge the Tree "unsafe to climb" first , think that's OSHA. I have read that Mayer offers Crane Rides at their annual open Arbor Day party ... also I know to operate one in Massachusetts right next door requires a Hoisting License , don't think Vermont does.
Does Dan still do that every year? I haven't been down for it in over 10 years.

Back