carb repair for the ms 200T

What's the advantage there? That's what I'm not understanding. The metal is still the same no?

That little pump inside. If it's worn out, you go in deeper, remove and plug.
Time is money. Cheaper for me to replace and gtf back to work. That simple. With the Chinese stuff, you might get 1 bad one out of 4. Just buy 4, replace as needed, cheap enough. Or get 2 years out of OEM that costs me over 100.00 local.
But time is money. Rebuilding the damn thing, I can go out and earn 2 OEM carbs in the same amount of time or more.

Learn something everyday. I have always rebuilt them, ever since i had my mowing business. Never thought to just buy a new carb. I'm to the point that i can rebuild the ones on my welder and backhoe in a half hour, 45 if i have to cut a new gasket. Those are around 400 bucks a pop tho, and are designed to work on. The small 2 stroke ones aren't too bad either i thought, but i could see the advantage of just slapping a new one in there and then doing a quick tune. Do they come all epa bullshit or just screws?

You take the Welch plug out and fill the passages in as well or just behind the piston?
They are different from each other these carbs.
On the 200 yes. Just the channels under welsh plug. No need to do anything with piston then.
On the 192 No. Just behind piston. remove spring fill hole with epoxy and rear of piston. insert piston.
Assemble carb. There is no wech plug to see channels in this.

Last edited:
Yes.
I start in fuel tank and work my way thru system systematically fixing part after part if needed.
On 200 you won't see this leak in accelerator pumps o-ring when pressure testing.
On 192 you can hear it when pushing primer sometimes.

One 192 customer was here today with some Coffey bread to say thank's. It runs better than new now.

It usually takes minutes. When you done some you find its sneaking in a bit experience here and there.
Some things I learned fast:
Always set needle under pressure. Use pressure tester!
Check so all parts are identical including heel on meter membrane.
Use same materials if possible.
Don't give up, its figured out eventually.

Yeppers
Carbs are not supposed to get bad every six months or year. It has to do with something, most often fuel...
yeppers , Debris can get into the carb and make the saw run poorly ... I’ve “rebuilt” carbs with ok success - it’s good to learn on your own ... sometimes check valve gets debris and on models I’ve done it’s difficult to access / clean them ! You are correct about carb longevity ! They should last for life of saw if kept clean ... sometimes if buying used it is cheaper to replace with oem carb and be done with it imho ... also I use a toothbrush/ cloth to clean the cap between fillings and when done with job on both gas / oil ... easiest way to keep debris out of tanks for me

Last edited:
There is often crap in fuel even though you do your very best to keep more out. Its same with all fuel, That's why the need for filter is there.
It will get dirt in it, mostly by stuff that go thru filter/pickup in tank.
Bigger stuff is easier to stop than smaller. So there is various filters in saw. One in tank and one or more in carb.
Check valves is something else. Valves in pump is part of pump membrane most often and these often get stuck if saw sit a bit or oil is a bit sticky in fuel.
Most times I take carbs apart its just cleaning needed. If its a customer saw I change membrane either way as its a small cost and I have it open anyway.
Its usually on saws were user tinkered with different fuels, oils and mixes. Very rare to see fuel issues on saws run on Aspen fuel. Carb issues there can be, but very rare they are fuel related.

Back