Car Buying Question

It's basically time for another oil change (~20% life remaining) and timing belt change, which I will take care of.

If you need the tool to remove the harmonic balancer i have one my son made. Don't know if they are readily available as a loaner or not. Shipping in the small USPS there and back is what- $10 or $12.

Who in heck wants to drive a car? I sure hope I never have to again.

I'd love to replace it with a 2010 SS Camaro ;). Cars are great for long distances, IMO. Hence why I'd keep it for Pittsburg, especially since I'm bringing a 24" diameter 1.25" thick steel cutter wheel home with me. That'd be tough to fly with! :P

That sounds awesome Carl. Like Blinky said, I really like the idea of knowing where it came from and that it was well maintained. The only problem is I'm still learning to drive a manual transmission, but I guess now is as good a time to learn as any.

I bought my first manual when I was your age (1999 Wrangler), although I had driven manuals off the highways since I could reach the pedals. It's no big deal, like MB said, give it a week and you'll be doing fine. I'd think you could get it in a day and be comfortable in a week fairly easily. Plus with a mouse fart engine, it's nice to be able to pick what gear you want and hammer on down. Hell, driving it from here back home would be a great experiance precollege, pressuming you've not done "long" distance driving already.

Let me know if you get serious, I have other deals going on in the background with largely unrelated things that may also require the sale of the vehicle to help with the cash. If you decide you want it, I could wait for you, but if not it will likely be going elsewhere in the next year.

...If you need the tool to remove the harmonic balancer i have one my son made. Don't know if they are readily available as a loaner or not. Shipping in the small USPS there and back is what- $10 or $12.

Thanks again for the offer, I already bought one for $25ish I think it was. You were very right that you need it to pull the crank bolt! I thought it surely wouldn't be as big of a PITA as it was.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cool Carl. I'll keep searching around a bit, but I'll keep yours in mind as a top contender. Just for the peace of mind that it was well maintained gives it a big thumbs up from me.

smiley-laughing025.gif

Back