Bucket baby harness?

A reminder, one needs to use a deceleration strap, otherwise very bad things will happen to your bones and internal organs if something goes awry and you find yourself being thrown violently from the bucket.

You're welcome .

Now then those belts with just a lanyard strap will arrest a fall but most likely cripple you for life .You need some type fall arrest harness approved for such things .

I too have a Rose ,same as Butch . The approved method of attachment is in the dorsal D-ring with a shock absorbing lanyard .

You know in the haste of my youth I used to fight wearing these things .I've gotten older and can see what condition people end up in if they fall . Kinda makes you think about things .

Just like ironworkers ,old ones and bold ones .There are no old bold ironworkers it seems .

I was talking to a guy from asplundh and they said they try and make all their set up so that if you get thrown from the bucket, you don't hang below the bucket. Everything is really short, so you don't get fried.

Sounds smart to me.

Most times it's not that you will fall out of the bucket ,more than likely be catapulted .

I got tossed from a JLG once from doing stupid stuff .Hit the end of that lanyard like a yo-yo ,ouch .Had I not had a harness and lanyard I would have likely hit the roof 15 feet up .

What may I ask Al did you do? I have been working out of them for the last 20 years. I always have the harness on but still forget to tie in from time to time.

Like a true dumbazz I tried to drive across a sluiceway trench in the concrete which was 3 feet wide using 2 by 12's for support .I had no idea that 40 footer weighed over 12,000 pounds . Stupidity on my part .

Navistar truck plant in Springfield Ohio around 22 years ago if I'm not mistaken .

We have had them break through the frost but that is a slower drop but when your on the end of a 80 foot stick things get to moving fast. But normally I have good level surfaces working in the electrical substations. Do not need any high speed booms in the middle of that stuff.

But normally I have good level surfaces working in the electrical substations. Do not need any high speed booms in the middle of that stuff.
We normally used a bucket truck on substation work but I have done that stuff from a hook ladder when I was a man among men in my more youthful days .;)

We let the Transmission guys use the hook ladders now days. That is only when they have a river or swamp tower where they can't get the bucket truck to.

Back