Before & After Tree Care

Isn't the current trend anti-fungicidal goop over paint? It's orange or some real expensive German stuff in a tube is black, if color is a priority for the homeowner.

Maximalist, using paint is something American arborists are told not to do, but our ANSI A300 standards allow it in some cases. If there are horizontal wounds on soft wood like poplar, it might be a good idea. And paint should not hurt the tree if it is only on the wood.

Does St. Petersburg say how to do the work, or do they leave the decision up to the company?
This contract belongs to the state of landscape gardening company, but the state horticultural company has hired me because trusts me more than himself ..)) I process wounds on trees acrylic paint in two coats (the interval of about 30 seconds), and in my experience shows that the most effective and cheapest method. I choose black color, because the sun it generates more heat, which helps speed the healing of wounds. The photo wound to ash-tree.

Was 20 cm in diameter, in March 2012, there are now 10 cm in diameter. This year, it almost disappears without a trace ... 014.jpg

This contract belongs to the state of landscape gardening company, but the state horticultural company has hired me because trusts me more than himself ..)) I process wounds on trees acrylic paint in two coats (the interval of about 30 seconds), and in my experience shows that the most effective and cheapest method. I choose black color, because the sun it generates more heat, which helps speed the healing of wounds. The photo wound to ash-tree.

Was 20 cm in diameter, in March 2012, there are now 10 cm in diameter. This year, it almost disappears without a trace ...View attachment 46209
There's a little cracking, which increases the infection/dysfunction court, but cracks would probably be much worse if not painted. Nice donut forming closure.
Stand tall, Maximalist! Too many arborists are minimalists when it comes to resisting industry dogma.

This is what is great about having an international forum of tree-people.

Lots of different regional input.

There's a little cracking, which increases the infection/dysfunction court, but cracks would probably be much worse if not painted. Nice donut forming closure.
Stand tall, Maximalist! Too many arborists are minimalists when it comes to resisting industry dogma.

Just out of curiosity, how can you be sure about that?

"Rules are too absolute for Mother Nature" A. Shigo

"Do not leave stubs.
Do not paint wounds.
Do not remove collars."

A.Shigo

:)

Coming back to see how trees react after a pruning job is an invaluable practice and the best way to learn about them.

My experience with trees is far shorter than yours.

I've never painted wounds after a cut and never had a problem.

I firmly believe that paint is of no help in the (separated) processes of compartmentalization on the inside and of wound closure on the outside.

Like you and Treelooker say there are a few cases where paint can help.

I would just like to understand how.(not trying to prove I'm right nor you're wrong, just a sincere will to learn :))

I've never painted wounds after a cut and never had a problem.
^
^
^
This!

Andrew, in 26 years, have you ever NOT painted cuts and had problems with them? I contend that painting does nothing but maybe make the cut look better.

Good looking hawthorn; they are so hard to untangle. I bet that one will come back nice!

These pollarded lindens have been kept nice for a century or more.
Then someone decided that the greenkeepers from the golf course could do just as fine a job as anyone else.

Mistake!

P1020515.JPG P1020516.JPG P1020514.JPG

Back