Basic 372 porting step by step

Thanks Al, yeah I was thinking of true competition saws, you know like the motocross bikes with engines so on the limit that they only last one race meeting.
Well that brings up another thing .On those crotch rockets of the woods they might offer half a dozen piston sizes or at least they used too .Just rebore the thing and sock the next size in it .The old kart engines were the same . Unfortunately on saw engines that option is a little more involved .

:lol: That reminds of the old coot in the movie " the worlds fastest Indian " .He made comment to that young boy as contemplating over a shelf full of grenaded pistons that they were just sacrifices to the piston "god " .

Lots of great quotes in that show!

when work gets going again i wanna send my 372 to someone here who does porting. Since i have no real idea what would help the saw,some more insight would be good. [pm prices].

Timberwolf has done my last three. Excellent work and very reasonable turnaround times. I think he charged me about $250, the 880 was more because of higher shipping costs. I'm not sure if that is still his current rate.

Back