Are ANSI Standards Manuals Worth Getting?

lxskllr

Treehouser
I was looking up rigging forces as it pertains to log weight, and saw mention of a weight chart in the back of the safety manual. While I was looking at that, I noticed the pruning guide also. They're a little spendy for fairly sparse books. Are they worth what they cost, or can the info be better obtained elsewhere? What's appealing to me, is they maybe give terse directions for doing things properly, so I could use it as a 'quick start' guide, then maybe build on them with more in depth documentation later. I'm thinking of the pruning guide in particular. For the safety guide, is it 90% useless common sense with a little interesting stuff, or is it a useful book that can be repeatedly referred to?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea, I got a weight chart while I was looking. That was just the trigger to noticing the manuals. I'm trying to remember where my army rigging manual(electronic) is. I bet that's got some good stuff in it if I can remember where I put it :^/

IMO it is not a bad reference worth having if you have employees. The green log weight chart can be readily had via internet. I think mine came from an old Sherrill catalog that I laminated.

Art and Science of Practical Rigging (ISA)

Tree Climbers' Guide

To Fell a Tree

All have valuable info at a good price, IMO.

Back