Arborwear

Double thick knee, 12 or 14 ? oz carharts are the lick, yeah they get hot, but you can run thru the black berries in em, they last a bout 2 yrs, i buy 3 to 4 pairs a year
i used to use the dickies uniform pants, but they are just not thick enough due to the thorns up here sure keep ya cool though
never tried arborwear, it seemed spendy
and no Little nick i havent tried one of those cooling rags, i always kept a couple wet frozen bandanas in a bag in my lunch sack, by the time ya need one they are defrosted and nice and cool to put on your neck,
drink water lots of water, its cheaper

I use the neck thingies. They work excellently but you gotta treat them right. You need to beef up the stitching otherwise those crystals will bust through and then you won't be able to tie it. Plus, they need to be recharged in 20, 30 minutes, tops. You'll need a dedicated cooler with two more in at all times. They are only good for one season - the crystals eventually stop working.

God, Sherrils website SUCKS.

I have a couple pairs heavyweight double front Arbors...wear them when I need protection from thorns and crap..and in the winter if its a bit chilly. They're going on 4 years old...
I also got a pair doublefront tech pants and now rarely wear anything else. I really like the way they don't hold all your sweat, they wick it away and keep the evaporation going, cooler, EXCEPT they are dark blue and a wee bit hot in the middle of the summer.
I wear those cool Aussie hi-viz tech fabric shirts too, I'll NEVER go back to a cotton shirt...

I love mine - i have three tech pants and two shorts

LOVE THE CUT

re the wicking shirts, they so make a difference in the summer around here, not sure about high humidity locales though. I wore them all last summer, WAY more comfy than soaked cotton.

Why does arbor wear make such small side pockets? Only good for holding a knife, but I like to carry a cell phone in that spot. Dicky and Carhart make a bigger side pocket.

The gusset crotch doesn't do anything for me. I really cant tell the difference

I've had one pair of arborwear single knee non-tech pants for over two years; they are pretty stained and not very pleasing to the eye but they have no holes and I still wear em all the time. Great pants!

jp:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why does arbor wear make such small side pockets? Only good for holding a knife, but I like to carry a cell phone in that spot. Dicky and Carhart make a bigger side pocket.

The gusset crotch doesn't do anything for me. I really cant tell the difference

I was wondering that myself, you can't put much in it...

I wear the original climber AW pants most all the time. I think they last longer than the 14 oz Carhartt duck pants. And they fit better because of the gussetted crotch. However, they sure do need a hammer loop and could stand to be a little looser. I find they tend to shrink a bit and after about 2 years are a little tight. I usually get 3-4 years out a pair.

I have five pair of the tech pants. The oldest pair is three years old the newest pair is a few months old. As you can imagine in the beginning I was rotating two pair everyday. I still wear those but have been lucky enough to have a pair for everyday of the week now. When not working I wear a tan and a blue pair of tech pants so they are pretty much all I wear. Hopr this helped.

My employer pays, so I tried the tech pants and the double knee.

I actually like the tech pants better.
They're just a lighter material.

I used to use Ben Davis forever, they're super soft and comfy but really not that durable.

The dickies have 60% polyester, I'm not into netherwear humidity.

Carhartts are what I wear for durability, say I'm planting trees or what not.

My cell phone fits in the side pocket perfect. But I don't have one of those texting, berry flavored kind.:P

Back