Arborwear

littlenick

TreeHouser
I bought a couple pairs of Arborwear pants the other day and there chainsaw belt. How many of you wear Arborwear pants everyday? How long do they tend to last? I have only heard great things about there products...

Thanks nick

I bought a pair once, sent them back. Althought they were the lightweights, they were thin as paper, and not worth the money paid. I get Carhartts from Sierratradingpost.com, last a long time for me, and I wear 4 pairs every week. They have Aborwear crap there too, so check it out.

Thin is good in my summer climate, actually with longjohns I wear them year around.

Arborwear is quality clothing, I have 4 pair that have been rotating for 2 years now. Just now starting to get some stains that will not wash out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I bought a pair once, sent them back. Althought they were the lightweights, they were thin as paper, and not worth the money paid. I get Carhartts from Sierratradingpost.com, last a long time for me, and I wear 4 pairs every week. They have Aborwear crap there too, so check it out.

Yea i bought 2 pairs there, they were the thinner Arborwear pants. I bought the other two from arborwear and were thicker although much more $$...

thanks for the input

Thin is good in my summer climate, actually with longjohns I wear them year around.

Arborwear is quality clothing, I have 4 pair that have been rotating for 2 years now. Just now starting to get some stains that will not wash out.

I have noticed with my Carhartts they can get very hot in the summer... ill have to wait to try'em...it will be a while with the weather :lol:

I bought a couple pair of the Arborwear tech pants a couple years ago. I wore one pair one day and sold them to No Bivy John for about 2/3 what I paid for them. The synthetic material simply does not work in the heat and humidity here. I felt like I was wearing plastic garbage bags on my legs, the sweat just dripped down my legs instead of getting absorbed in the material.

Back about 2004 I bought a regular pair of arborwear pants at the TCIA Expo for about $55. They lasted slightly longer than the $15 work pants I normally buy from Wally World. I'd rather buy 4 pair of Dickies pants than one pair of Arborwear.

Brian, Are you kidding me. Synthetics is all I wear in the summer heat. My Arborwear pants needed a few washings to get right. They get soaked and dry in a about 5 minutes, repeat. I wear the single front techs mostly in the summer

Like Brian said, the pants suck in a hot, humid environment. Otherwise they are the best workpants ever made. I've been using 4 pair now since 2005 and the only thing that has worn is the velcro tabs. The seemingly high price is insignificant.

I just retired a 2 year old pair of originals (switched in and out with jeans through the work week) and opened up the pair I had on deck. I have worn the tech pants but they are a size too big so I dont like them much, if they fit right they might be good pants.

I dont think i would care for the Tech pants material... and the price tag:\:

thanks for the replies!!

The tech pants are like 30 bucks on sierra trading post aren't they?
Not a bad deal, they have worked well for me.

The stretch airs are the most comfortable pair I own, but cost way too darn much money and are not durable enough.

Brian, Are you kidding me. Synthetics is all I wear in the summer heat. My Arborwear pants needed a few washings to get right. They get soaked and dry in a about 5 minutes, repeat. I wear the single front techs mostly in the summer

ditto....he aint used to "sweating like a whore in church":D

Actually, around here in the summer you're pretty much wet from about 9am until you get home and change your clothes. There's no such thing as 'dry in five minutes' if you're still outside unless you're dehydrated. I guess I'm used to cotton because the synthetic fibers just didn't feel right. The pants felt clammy and stuck to my legs like a plastic bag. YUCK!!! I was extremely uncomfortable with them all day and couldn't get them off fast enough when I got home. I guess after 40 years of working in denim jeans I'm not going to change any time soon.

The regular Arborwear are ok, I just don't think they are my best option for the money. They cost about as much as 3 pair of Dickies work pants (similar to Carhartts) and don't really last much longer.

I have found the Arborwear originals to be slightly more durable than Denim jeans- I like the cut but not the heat of the originals. The lightweights are better.....but still hotter than Dickies work pants and cost more. The Tech pants are extremely durable- They will literally last for years IF you don't melt them with hot exhaust. I like the tech pants and their extreme durability offsets the high initial cost.....but I don't like my britches meltable. 65/35 polyester cotton blend are much more heat resistant than the 100% nylon.

I've tried one pair of the originals and really like the cut but have found the durability to be lacking imo.

I buy all my work pants from the 2nd hand store. I recently got 8 pairs for $35. They normally last me about 8 months before I toss them.

I used to wear carharts but have switched to arborwear. I feel that they last longer. I have 2 pairs of Tech pants which I love they last forever. One day when Im rich I will buy some pants made with Schoeller Nanosphere material but the price tag of $200+ is a little too much for my budget:\: A friend of mine has a pair and those suckers and has done tree work in them for 3 years and they still look new:O

Back